Sign in to follow this  
Irv J

Cut Master 4 License

I recently purchased a Graphtec CE6000-40 plus. It came with CUT MASTER 4 Software. The software needs to connect with the vendor's server for Licensing verification.

is the license verification a one time event, or is it required each time the software it used?

I would think Verification is a 1 time thing, but reading the user manual, you are connecting to  SAI cloud server each time you use it.   Page 16 of user manual. 

Are you having a problem? 

I have been using Flexistarter for years. (2006)  with my Graphtec. Which is also made by SAI, but has a USB dongle.  You don't need to be online.  

I tried 4, and went back to 3. I found 3 has more options and no problem with being connected.

I just downloaded  3 , just to look at it.  You can turn off the updates on it in preferences.  It does not ask for email address, or registration.  

I just a quick test on my setup. Cutting Master 4 opened up perfectly without being connected to my network, much less any internet connection.

The only noticeable thing for me, was that the machine needed to be on, so when you select your cutter, the software detects that it's on and connected to it.

• Like 1