ATD

Roland sp 540i

hello,

I want to buy a Roland sp 540i plotter and if someone knows how should i check how many square meter it has printed and cut, please write instruction or send a link where can i find it. I try to google but did not find nothing. thank you every one. 

that is buried deep in the system maint file that is hard to access even when you have the directions - first thing to do is to get a nozzle check and see if it has missing nozzles in the print.  I have seen deflected nozzles come back but have never seen missing nozzles come back on a solvent printer.  make sure to find a service manual for the printer as you will be doing maint and replacement after a while on any solvent printer - nature of the beast - I always planned on about $1K a year maint for a replacement head, wipers, dampers, etc.   you are best to visit a friend for a day that has a solvent printer to learn about them before purchasing - my first one I drove over 4 hrs each way for my education session

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

that is buried deep in the system maint file that is hard to access even when you have the directions - first thing to do is to get a nozzle check and see if it has missing nozzles in the print.  I have seen deflected nozzles come back but have never seen missing nozzles come back on a solvent printer.  make sure to find a service manual for the printer as you will be doing maint and replacement after a while on any solvent printer - nature of the beast - I always planned on about $1K a year maint for a replacement head, wipers, dampers, etc.   you are best to visit a friend for a day that has a solvent printer to learn about them before purchasing - my first one I drove over 4 hrs each way for my education session

thank you very much,