Guest TIM

NWWD HELP

Guest TIM

I just got a us cutter mh 721-mk2 that i got from offer up it was still in the box now that i got it home i see that it has no software cd or a card with the code what can i do ?

search this forum for the cutting software: Sign Blazer Elements.

was your machine supposed to come with Vinyl Master?

hit the US Cutter website and search for the drivers

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, haumana said:

was your machine supposed to come with Vinyl Master?

OP stated they got the cutter from OFFER UP,  that is someone else sold it,  Not US cutter directly.  Software probably registered to original owner. 

• Like 1

Signblazer is free and works well with the mh. Inkscape is also free and can be used with the mh. Although setting it up does require a little more computer comms understanding. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

OP stated they got the cutter from OFFER UP,  that is someone else sold it,  Not US cutter directly.  Software probably registered to original owner. 

Ah, my mistake, when the OP said it was 'still in the box' I mistakenly thought it meant it was probably never used. Who else sells MH?

There are other sellers on Ebay trying to make a buck upselling them.  Drop shipping them.   Offer Up is kinda like Craigslist.   Maybe it was just put back in the box.  

we have had a guy over my flint that has sold packages on craigslist with the mh, cheap heatpress, etc and makes big bucks on the few people that fall for it.  unfortunately not all that uncommon.  I the past there were people buying the MH to get the software and resell the machine.

14 hours ago, Guest TIM said:

I just got a us cutter mh 721-mk2 that i got from offer up it was still in the box now that i got it home i see that it has no software cd or a card with the code what can i do ?

Download and install this software (free) -- then in Cutter Setup choose the RedSail driver.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

There's a manual also (just keep in mind there are some software features described in the operations directions that are NOT included within the Elements version).

Guest Christina

PLEASE HELP ME! My computer crashed that had all my Sign Blazer designs and software on. I have purchased 3 cutters over the years from US Cutter but I cannot find my Sign Blazer disc. I have downloaded the Elements from the links posted but cannot get my new computer to communicate with my MH Refine 721. I really do not want to learn new software and lose all my designs from 10 years.

9 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Download and install this software (free) -- then in Cutter Setup choose the RedSail driver.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

There's a manual also (just keep in mind there are some software features described in the operations directions that are NOT included within the Elements version).

I'm the one that just posted about help.  Forgot to log in. Will be so grateful if someone could please help me. Thanks!

Give a little more info to work with. We know your computer crashed, but what crashed doesn't matter at this point, since it doesn't work anymore.

What is your new setup? Win7, Win8, Win10? How are you hooking up to your cutter, keyspan or USB?

What is it that is not working? You can't get SBE to run? The puter doesn't detect the cutter? The puter detectes, but there doesn't seem to be communication?

the part most people forget is to reload the mtdi drivers for the usb chipset in the plotter - or just switch to using a more reliable keyspan brand adapter

3 minutes ago, haumana said:

Give a little more info to work with. We know your computer crashed, but what crashed doesn't matter at this point, since it doesn't work anymore.

What is your new setup? Win7, Win8, Win10? How are you hooking up to your cutter, keyspan or USB?

What is it that is not working? You can't get SBE to run? The puter doesn't detect the cutter? The puter detectes, but there doesn't seem to be communication?

Win 10  Hooked up with USB. I downloaded the SBE that slice and dice has listed. I can get it to open no problem. I just can't get it to communicate with my printer. I chose COPAM CP 2500 and tried all the different output devices. Nothing has worked. 

You were told in the above  Slice Dice to use the REDSAIL driver in Signblazer.  Make sure your com port numbers match.   Are you sure your drivers installed correctly and you rebooted your computer after installing? 

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You were told in the above  Slice Dice to use the REDSAIL driver in Signblazer.  Make sure your com port numbers match.   Are you sure your drivers installed correctly and you rebooted your computer after installing? 

I did try the REDSAIL driver. I will try rebooting. I appreciate your help. I feel stupid and have tried on my own searching through this forum for 2 weeks. 

25 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

the part most people forget is to reload the mtdi drivers for the usb chipset in the plotter - or just switch to using a more reliable keyspan brand adapter

Did you do that?

Many people think that cutters install like printers but that isn't the case.

Always verify that your cutting com port is set to 4 or below (hardware properties - Advanced Com ports)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

Many people think that cutters install like printers but that isn't the case.

Always verify that your cutting com port is set to 4 or below (hardware properties - Advanced Com ports)

Com port was going to be my next suggestion.

Make sure the com port in SBE isn't set to Auto. Make sure it's set tot he same port that Windows has assigned to it. You can find that Control Panel > Device Manager.

Hey Tim, if you're still with us here ---  That version of SignBlazer is 'abandonware' of sorts, with no activation required anymore.

It's like a can-opener for getting up and running most any cutters with USB or serial DB9 cables , however it's uncirculated as an optimal software option anymore officially from USCUTTER.

Rightfully so, but there it is.

VinylMaster is the topic header, and I apologize for interjecting SignBlazer once more but I just had to, the fact remains Jerry Bonham exists for us all. What we are able to do in the world of sign making, and getting maximum use (and resulting $$$) from the products sold by USCUTTER, that knowledge for many of us out here all comes directly from Jerry's tireless efforts, prior to his death.

Search "Jerry Bonham" for insight into that distant past of these Forums. It's out there.

• Like 1

Guest Stingen73

I know this is an old topic but my computer just crashed and I needed to restore it back to factory defaults. I lost my sign blazer and all my files. I’ve been trying to find somewhere to get sign blazer again with no luck. Does anyone know if vinyl master cut is equivalent? I think it’s $35 now. I also used the trace option in inkscape for images. Can I copy that into vinyl Master cuts?  I have a US cutter MH 721. All I make are vinyl stencils for making wood signs.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.