wdutrieuille

Heat Press Won't Heat Past 80 Degrees

Hello Everyone I'm new and currently working with a 15 x 15 heat press. Now night before It was working fine I was printing samples out. The very next day when I turn it on it does not heat past 80 degrees, I set the SV or set value button on the bottom to 350 but the PV on the top does not go past 80 degrees.

I tried adjusting all the setting, Does anyone know what this may be caused by???

all the presses I have had you set temp and then time - never had one that set a high and low temp - - what kind of press is this?

everything I see still looks like you set the temp and TIME only like all other presses - not sure what the second temp is you are referring to

I have seen several presses over the years that wouldn't go above 90 SECONDS

You're right. I set the temp to 320 and time for 15 seconds. Now it worked fine yesterday it warmed up to 320.  Now today when I turn it on and set to 320, the current temp stays stuck at 80 degrees. It does not get hotter. I let set for 15 mins and nothing... 

usually when a fuse blows you can't even get the display on - so wondering about the heating element gone or heat controller as 80 would be just above room temp

What do you mean as heat controller as 80 would be just above room temp? I think that may be it because i turned heat on in house and the temp went from 78 which it was stuck on to 80 degrees as house got to 77 degrees. 

like said above - bad controller or element - Chinese presses are not know for the reliability overall.   my Sieki I had for my first press had a controller go bad - they had a new one to me in 3 days.  I worked my way up to a hotronix and haven't had a problem since