Sign in to follow this  
mattgirard

Gaphtec Stuido/ Graphtec Pro Stuido

Does anyone know if I can convert files from Graphtec Stuido  (.gstudio) to Graphtec Pro Studio (.FS or .PD)? I have a Graphtec CE600-40 Plus. I can cut with Graphtec on my Mac but apparently this cutter will only work with Graphtec Pro Stuido on PC.  Ive tried to convert the original Graphtec files to pdf or jpeg and open them in pro studio, but the quality gets decreased for some reason.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

that cutter works on a pc with most cutting softwares as the graphtec is the most popular cutter sold.    you need to "export" your file in a vector format like .eps and then import it on the other computer 

The Graphtec Pro Studio is only a PC program.   It was created by SAI as a rebranded Flexi product for Graphtec.   I have taken files and changed the file extension to .fs and they have imported before.  Try it on one of your files.  Go into your documents where you can see the file. Right click the file.   rename it with the extension .fs  See if you can import it.  I would save the file first so that you have the original.   Otherwise,  you will have to export the file like said above, or recreate the file. 

Ok ill try that. Im not transferring from one computer to another.  I created designs on my PC on Graphtec but could not cut them.  So I had to download pro studio, just didn't want to have to recreate my designs.

24 minutes ago, mattgirard said:

Ok ill try that. Im not transferring from one computer to another.  I created designs on my PC on Graphtec but could not cut them.  So I had to download pro studio, just didn't want to have to recreate my designs.

Are you referring to the Graphtec Pro Studio that Graphtec requires you to send in your serial number from your vinyl cutter  to get?  Then they send you the code and download?   Or something else?   According to Graphtec, request form,  this software is not available for CE6000  PLUS vinyl cutters. 

This one?   https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-graphtec-pro-studio-request-form/

No I have the serial number and everything.  I just have some designs that were created on my PC on Graphtec Studio, but I can only cut on my PC with Studio Pro, not the basic Graphtec studio software.  I just don't want to have to re create these designs in Studio Pro since I am more familiar with the basic version. I can cut just fine on my PC with the pro version, just wanted to convert the files over to be compatible with pro.

We already told you how.   Some Graphtec files cannot be converted.  You can only use them on the software that you have. 

3 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

that cutter works on a pc with most cutting softwares as the graphtec is the most popular cutter sold.    you need to "export" your file in a vector format like .eps and then import it on the other computer 

or other program

31 minutes ago, mattgirard said:

No I have the serial number and everything.  I just have some designs that were created on my PC on Graphtec Studio, but I can only cut on my PC with Studio Pro, not the basic Graphtec studio software.  I just don't want to have to re create these designs in Studio Pro since I am more familiar with the basic version. I can cut just fine on my PC with the pro version, just wanted to convert the files over to be compatible with pro.

you can lead a horse to water . . .  but if they don't want to follow the directions . . . . 

The original Graphtec Studio will only let you save files as .gstudio or .pdf.  If you chose .PDF, they will work.  However, you will no longer be able to edit text and groupings will be lost.  I think it is fairly remiss of Graphtec to not give you a way to convert, export or import .gstudio files after forcing you to switch.

6 hours ago, kynetguy said:

The original Graphtec Studio will only let you save files as .gstudio or .pdf.  If you chose .PDF, they will work.  However, you will no longer be able to edit text and groupings will be lost.  I think it is fairly remiss of Graphtec to not give you a way to convert, export or import .gstudio files after forcing you to switch.

It would be remiss, but I suspect Graphtec used a different software designer for the GS vs GPS (which is a re-branded Flexi, as Skeeter stated). Firing up both software and you can tell right off the bat that GS is super basic compared to GPS, so I'm not at all surprised that it doesn't have the bells or whistles to make life easier for users. I would definitely put that on a wishlist.

• Like 1