haumana

eps files viewed as thumbnail??

I want to just say that I really like Adobe software, however, I am struggling with it on my Win10 machine :(

I have searched and tried recommended suggestions to try and get my .eps files viewable as thumbnails in Windows Explorer. I've tried the Sage Thumbs, as well as PSD Codec by Ardfry, and both will not let me see it in thumbnail.

Does anyone have suggestions or workarounds?

The only way (and that is most) I can see them is in adobe bridge.

10 minutes ago, bikemike said:

The only way (and that is most) I can see them is in adobe bridge.

Ugh. Thanks Mike!

I was sooo hoping for a different answer. :-\

.... but then again, I hoped that the Super Lotto would come to Hawaii too, or that Ed McMahon visited my house to give me a million dollar check. :P

shaka.gif.9e651e3a7617dd1293d9b7c0bbaa0d19.gif

• Haha 1

I believe how the eps is saved has an effect. I have SageThumbs on my windows 7 machine and I can see about half of my eps files as thumbnails. I seem to recall seeing someplace an option to save with or without a thumbnail in some program but I don't recall which one.

Sagethumbs works here on most of them.  Is ghostscript working?  Try gsview on one and see if it displays it.  If it does, ghostscript probably is working and sagethumbs should too.  Eps files can include a prievew, which I think sagethumbs goes to first.  But is there is no built in preview, that is when ghostscript is supposed to step up and make one.  http://www.ghostgum.com.au/software/gsview.htm

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, dcbevins said:

Sagethumbs works here on most of them.  Is ghostscript working?  Try gsview on one and see if it displays it.  If it does, ghostscript probably is working and sagethumbs should too.  Eps files can include a prievew, which I think sagethumbs goes to first.  But is there is no built in preview, that is when ghostscript is supposed to step up and make one.  http://www.ghostgum.com.au/software/gsview.htm

I tried it with ghostscript and that was a no-go too :-\

I guess I'll have to stick to Adobe Bridge.

• Like 1

Give irfanview a try: https://www.irfanview.com/

It seems to show most common file formats and there are plugins for obscure ones. It also has some handy tools for bulk renaming, etc.

I used Adobe Bridge for a couple of months and kept running into problems with it gobbling up resources and hanging up.

• Like 1