vinylking

Seike SK1350T 54"

Bought a Seike SK1350 off the internet, of course the 3 inch driver was cracked. I have know how I did it but I got my plotter to work, my business was going great. Then BAMMMM.....Something happened to my computer and said "Good Bye".  I lost everything in the computer, pictures, music, passwords. Of course, I'm not like my kids, SAVE everything on other disk?? I need to know if I have a paper weight now or if anybody knows how I can get a new or used or compatible driver to get this thing working again?

I have OS, I tried getting back on the seike site from my computer and it tells me the site is not secured seiketech.com. My husband looks at me and laughs because I have been looking for days. I just found this site again to see if anybody had advise. Thank you for this info.

If your mac died, then probably the best course of action would have been to purchase a cheapie Windows-compatible laptop (or Dell desktop) to connect to your cutter.

However, at this point, we're kinda unable to really provide more than what was already offered above.

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

If your mac died, then probably the best course of action would have been to purchase a cheapie Windows-compatible laptop (or Dell desktop) to connect to your cutter.

However, at this point, we're kinda unable to really provide more than what was already offered above.

That kinda depends on the software,  Most Seike vinyl cutters come with Flexistarter for free if bought at Seike  She may have gotten Flexistarter Mac

I guess now I have a windows 10 not a mac. They gave me a 3 inch broken disc that never worked and Artcut software. I put that in the computer and doesn't recognize it.

Artcut is junk.  You will have many problems with it.    As stated, go to the link above and download the driver. 

• Like 1

Never tried Artcut.  But if Mz Skeeter says it is junk I am inclined to believe her.  However, if it does cut, and just sucks at design, then I might be inclined to keep it and get better design software.  I am partial to CorelDraw, but Inkscape is free and does everything you could want for a cutter.

• Like 1

I don't think vinylking bought that cutter from Seikitech, as Seikitech is still providing  Flexistarter with their vinyl cutters.  I just looked on their website. 

I just traded for the same cutter. had art cut disk with it , well 1 of them  says its a 2 disk set. my box has some other disk with it.  but skeeter is correct seiki now sells the cutter with version of flexi for that cutter. and the op posted he bought it off the net, I usually suspect letgo/craiglist when people say that. I got mine off letgo.  scalps has seiki t series in their cutter list. I haven't been able to connect yet, going try the dn loading drivers posted above.  so its more than verified the software that came with it is junk. whats everyones opinion on whats the cutter worth

1 hour ago, cardudenc said:

I just traded for the same cutter. had art cut disk with it , well 1 of them  says its a 2 disk set. my box has some other disk with it.  but skeeter is correct seiki now sells the cutter with version of flexi for that cutter. and the op posted he bought it off the net, I usually suspect letgo/craiglist when people say that. I got mine off letgo.  scalps has seiki t series in their cutter list. I haven't been able to connect yet, going try the dn loading drivers posted above.  so its more than verified the software that came with it is junk. whats everyones opinion on whats the cutter worth

Seiki has been selling their cutters with Flexistarter since 2006.  I have Flexistarter version 7.6  That is when I got mine. 

6 minutes ago, cardudenc said:

any idea why when I add it in scalps it isn't recognized?

2 things - did you install the chipset driver first for the usb and does your version of scalp have the seiki listed?

If the software is UScutter version,  It does not have Seiki listed

This software will work with the following cutters:

• USCutter Series (MH, Creation PCut, Laserpoint I and II, SC, TC, Copam, TITAN)
  • Graphtec CE5000
  • Graphtec CE6000
  • Roland
  • Black Cat Cougar/Lynx
  • eCraft
  • Gazelle
  • Pazzles Inspiration
  • Silhouette SD
  • Silhouette Portrait
  • Silhouette Cameo
  • Silhouette Curio
  • Silver Bullet

If you're on a PC now (or was), will SBE work with the Seiki? At least that's free, and it isn't the most up to date, but if it gets you cutting, there's 95% of the battle right there.

There is no Seiki on Signblazer and it is a RS 232 connection. 9 pin.   I have a Seiki   Maybe that one has USB.   But it ran ok on a RS232 cable. 

There's no LaserPoint either, but I manage to find another setting for it, and that was tied to my original laptop via 9-pin on both ends. Just wondering if someone else has tried and found a setting that worked.

• Like 1

I have the old Flexistarter 7.6 with mine.  It came FREE with the cutter, because it only had the Seiki drivers on it.  not the full driver version. 

I think Jaybyrd had a hard time finding anything in Signblazer.   But you can go to the real Vinyl Master website and pick up a copy of VinylMaster Cut.  Seiki is on my VinylMaster Demo. As it is the full driver version.   He could go there and try the trial version at the VinylMaster.com website.  It is for Windows only. 

Seiki is also on the CRAFTEDGE.com version of SCALP.

yes, on my version of scalps seiki is on the list of brands. when I click to add the seiki  T series is the only model that comes up. the scarce owners/user manual that came with it has it as a 1350 T model

22 hours ago, cardudenc said:

scalps has seiki t series in their cutter list. I haven't been able to connect yet, going try the dn loading drivers posted above. 

13 minutes ago, cardudenc said:

yes, on my version of scalps seiki is on the list of brands. when I click to add the seiki  T series is the only model that comes up. the scarce owners/user manual that came with it has it as a 1350 T model

So what is your problem then?  The driver for Seiki is on the forum for Seiki.  haumana  posted it above.   Like we tell most people who have value cutters, put it on a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter and be done with it.  I ran mine on  USB to serial all the time. 

all other cutters ive never had to add any drivers, just click on it on the list and start cutting. I will finish the dn load now. last night I started the dn load and fell asleep going on to step #3. lol

2. Run Open Device Manager
3. A Device Manager window will popup.
4. Expand the Ports (COM&LPT) node in the device tree if it has one; otherwise, continue.

never guess what happened after I finished the driver install...…… 1st cut with the seiki  lol. so not sure which is louder, my SC or this T.

Thanx to all for everything, after my last post I just realized I pretty much hi-jacked the OPs thread. I hope it helps anyone else trying to set up a seiki. ,

DF7B2C8A-A8E1-4F31-95E6-34A1CAB9E0BA.jpeg

• Like 1

so whats this big stepper cutter worth? its in good cond, no real signs of wear & tear really looks like it hasn't been used. I know the guy I got it from never used it. he got it from a friend that was going to start doing signs but ended up having to sell out b4 even getting started. I got original full rolls of vinyl that he bought to start up. that's the story anyway. in my business I get a lot of stories. more stories than inventory