Sign in to follow this  
arty-rc

A Quick Reminder

As the New Year starts, this might be a good time to backup your files and computers. You would be surprised how time flies and we tend to let things slide. I am guilty as charged!! I checked my computers for backups and found that it has been almost a year since I backed them up. As soon as my computers finish backing up I will be setting up automatic backups. A Happy New Year To Everyone.

• Like 5

Good suggestion. Realized the same thing just before Christmas and got right on it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminder. Hope y'all have a great year !!

• Like 1

lol - I just backed up the family pictures from the last 2 years - been lax - now to do the business files

• Like 1

I must be paranoid - I Time Machine (it's a Mac thing), and I use Carbonite.

• Like 2

I finally had a hard drive start to go on my iMac after over 8 years of hard labor. We dropped a SSD in her and loaded High Sierra and it's back up and running for under $200. Glad to have the time machine back-up as well. I also drag and drop most of my design files to a whole separate disk when I think of it. I was considering just replacing it but opted to buy my business partner (wife) a MacBook pro for her birthday which falls just a few days after Christmas. Good write off for the business and all that. 

• Like 2

I have windows do a backup every night to a WD 6tb external hard-drive.  

I also subscribe to dropbox.  Everything I do is saved on the computer and dropbox cloud in realtime.