Time Bomb Bicycles

sc2 cutting like a saw blade

Hi I am a straight up rookie I am using a us cutter sc2 on a MacBook with easy cut studios.  I am trying to cut the cobra logo and the cut is coming out like a saw blade.  The machine is set at s100 p90.  any help before I take the printer out back and send it to a farm, would be very appreciated.  the file I got the image from is a SVG. thanks againfullsizeoutput_53c.thumb.jpeg.e8121ae41bad38c0633e3de8820052a4.jpegfullsizeoutput_5be.thumb.jpeg.1ac3983a0df0bff17d5343306836ecd1.jpegfullsizeoutput_5a4.thumb.jpeg.83e4523e4683a2dde17ac04f96995e17.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5bc.jpeg

I would get off the WYSIWYG   to start with,   not a good option.    And no mention how you set your blade depth.  Here is the correct way.  Is that an auto traced file?  Where did you get the file? Does it look clean on wire frame? 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and fell the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

I did set the blade as you had described. There is no wireframe option in this program,  the original file was the from the Wiki page and saved as a svg.png I didn't have to trace it The only other view is the nodes. it has done this with other files also. And thank you for your response.1466930092_ScreenShot2018-12-30at3_04_55PM.thumb.png.9bcfa439d56fb817c3ecbf3565a89919.png

That software is the same as Sure Cuts A Lot, which is not highly used on this forum or liked on this forum.  Very few people use that software.  You may have to download Inkscape.org , which is FREE and look at the design in outline view. .  

Where did you buy the cutter?   UScutter only provides Sure Cuts A Lot.  software for Mac. 

Yes it was pretty much crap.   No one likes it.   Try the trial of  Signcut.  It's for a Mac.   Or use bootcamp or another way to use Windows on your Mac and use the PC software.   Not too many Mac users here either.    Alot of people, including myself stay back on older PCs like XP,  They can be bought cheap.  You don't need a new fancy computer to run a vinyl cutter.  Your welcome. 

• Like 1

I totally agree with Skeeter. Several mac options but IMO the best is SignCut Pro. You'll have to pay a rental fee or buy a lifetime dongle for it after the trial but worth trying out to see the difference in performance. SignCut has live help and has always done me right. 

I run on mac here at my place and yet I also have a windows laptop around as well. I ended up placing the cutter across the room and cut from the laptop and just do all my designs on the mac. I use Illustrator for design work and the SignCut as my cutter controller. Inscape is a decent design program and some use it to cut from somehow but a dedicated cutting utility is going to yield easier results I think. If you still have the windows cutting program it is probably Vinyl Master which is a really good program especially in the upper levels. If you still have it you might look for a real cheap pc or laptop like was mentioned. 

Oh, and it's a cutter not a printer. Most get annoyed at the reference.  Have a good day and welcome to the forum. Lots of help and resources here. 

On 12/30/2018 at 2:56 PM, Time Bomb Bicycles said:

I bought the printer from us cutter new.  I had the software for a PC than I got a Mac.  Easy cut was the first program I found for the Mac.  and its crap. I will try Inkscape Thank you so much.

Inkscape is a great design tool but was not designed as a cutting program. It can cut, and I actually use it quite a lot, but a true cutting program would be a easier option for most people.