Perspectiveaerialphoto

New guy here and ofcourse I have an issue

Hi guys. Im new to the vinyl cutting game. Im having issues with my vinyl feeding correctly.  Its kind of driving me crazy right now. When it feeds the vinyl will move to the left. 

Any ideas or pointers would be so helpful. 

Thanks again.

First of all, it's not a 'game' -- we are trained professionals who earn our livings with specialized equipment that takes skill and a somewhat steep learning curve.

Any ideas or pointers we may provide only can arise from new members providing detailed and sufficient information regarding their issues.

Which you have not done  --  Yet.

Welcome, and let's see if we can help.

• Like 1

loading your vinyl straight to begin with is one of the first things to learn (along with how to set your blade exposure and offset correctly.  just putting the vinyl under the rollers will not make it pull straight as it has to be put in straight to begin with.  the biggest issue newbies have is they try to use the rulers that are stuck on in a Chinese factory and think that is really a measure of straight

• Like 1

is your material in sheet form, or roll? roll is easier - just keep the tension even when pulling it through the cut window, it should be good to go. for sheet fed, i will eye-ball it, then jog the vinyl back and forth to see how off I am, because I don't know very many people that can get it straight from the get go. once i know which way the vinyl wants to drift, i lift ONE pinch roller and do a small nudge, put the pinch roller back down, then lift the other to release any tension from the nudge and put it back down. jog again and see if it got any better. repeat if necessary. keep in mind, depending on what you're cutting, if it's a small design or text, then straight vinyl is not as critical.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard.

If it is shifting, how bad is it - 1/4" over a 12" run, or maybe a 1/4" shift over a 10 foot run?

What size roll (I will assume a roll) are you using?  How many pinch rollers are you using?

How large is the design you are cutting?

My cutter drifts a little, maybe the 1/4" over 10 foot, probably less.  I compensate by not having the origin point on the edge of the vinyl.