Sign in to follow this  
Bigk_54

Nesting

I work on templates in illustrator and transfer to flexi for rip/cut process.   How can I transfer and use the nesting feature, or is there?

i really need something to next AI/PSD files, any advice?

Flexi has nest.     Go to HELP at top of layout screen.  Help topics.  Search NEST.   it's there.   You didn't state which version of Flexi.  But I am using Flexidesigner 10.5.  Which is the same as Pro without cutter drivers. 

31 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Flexi has nest.     Go to HELP at top of layout screen.  Help topics.  Search NEST.   it's there.   You didn't state which version of Flexi.  But I am using Flexidesigner 10.5.  Which is the same as Pro without cutter drivers. 

Flexi 12.  I know it has nest, but no matter what file I seem to bring over from Illustrator it wont nest it.  Looking for some help on that.  I have roughly 60-70 pieces in a template but it wont do anything with my illustrator files.  If I make a bunch of letters or import a small picture in there I can get it to next no problem, so I understand the process of how it works just can't seem to get it to work with my files which help doesn't do for me

• Sad 1

How are you bringing the file over?   If not copyrighted,  post the file and maybe others can figure that out on their Flexi

I've tried opening as an AI file, opening as a PSD file, importing as a AI and PSD.....

I dont have the file on me unfortunately, its just a multi piece template I edit in AI

What are we meaning by the term nesting here?  I take it to mean fitting a number of objects into a given area so as to minimize waste of material, say vinyl.  If that is the type of nesting you mean, is everything ungrouped?  Will the objects you are trying to nest actually fit in the nesting area?

I would wonder also if the template you speak of in AI has some sort of boundary that is effecting the nest option in Flexi. I think if it were me I would just combine a bunch of the template layouts into one AI file that fits your print cut vinyl and do it as one big file.