Sign in to follow this  
sunstars

How do I change the colors to an existing job

Needing to change the colors of an existing job, Thought it would be easier to just go and redo whole entire job, I spent hours looking for the font, and cant find it. Person just wants the colors changed. Please help. Thanks in advance. ::)

I assume we are talking about re-doing a project that you didn't do the first time. Absolutely re-do the whole thing. If it's a logo ask them for the file. They won't have it most likely but that then opens up several avenues. Having to recreate something you can tell them the font may be slightly different so they aren't freaked out when it is. 

You can also post a pic of the letters here and maybe we can figure it out. Be sure to get a straight on picture and as crisp and clean as possible in order for font recognition programs to be helpful.

Font identification is probably the #1 bug-a-boo for people in our profession.

It never ceases to amaze me that companies pay good money to graphic artists for a unique look, but the company has no record about the font(s) used for their own proprietary logo.

Also, when you say you need to 'change the colors' of an existing job, maybe we're not understanding you correctly. You have an existing cut file (vector file) and just want to alter the colors within it?

Give us more to work with here.