sunstars

Cutter is only cutting a straight line across

So I just got the Titan 3 SE Arms 53". Very easy set up of cutter, no problems. Every time I try to test cut or send anything to cut, it just cuts a straight line about 2 inches long. What could be the issue here. Thanks in advance!

So explain what your doing.    Do have a vector in your software, you have it selected and your sending it to cut and it only cuts a line?   Which software on which operating system.?   The cutter should have a feature for test cuts right on it. 

I'm new to this kind of cutter, previously had a Cricut. And yes much much different. I'm using Vinylmaster Pro, on Windows 10. Even when I hit the TEST button on the cutter itself, it cuts a straight line across and thats it. When I tried to cut other shapes and words, they are selected and when I send it to cut, it cuts a line. No I'm not a whiz at VinylMaster it is new to me also, how hard can it be to cut what I have selected. And this is why I'm here. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

16 minutes ago, sunstars said:

I'm new to this kind of cutter, previously had a Cricut. And yes much much different. I'm using Vinylmaster Pro, on Windows 10. Even when I hit the TEST button on the cutter itself, it cuts a straight line across and thats it. When I tried to cut other shapes and words, they are selected and when I send it to cut, it cuts a line. No I'm not a whiz at VinylMaster it is new to me also, how hard can it be to cut what I have selected. And this is why I'm here. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

sounds like one of the motors is not getting the signal to advance the vinyl - calling support would be the only solution if that is the problem.

Before that though - we need to make sure you pressure rollers are alighted above a grit roller indicated by the decals on the bar above the vinyl on the plotter - if they are not it will do exactly as you describe as the grit rollers do not have a pressure roller on them to move the vinyl

It can be very hard,  this is considered a skilled job.   It takes  some tweeking to get everything set up right the first time.   Blade depth, force, speed.  As stated, make sure each pinch roller is directly over the grit roller below. They must be.  Also. you came from a Cricut, night and day.  And just throwing this out there because too many people have found incorrect instructions for setting blade depth, this is the correct way to set it. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

• Like 1

Thank you, didnt realize the pressure rollers needed to be lined up with the grit rollers. After I did that, I did its job wonderfully! Thanks so much!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sunstars said:

Thank you, didnt realize the pressure rollers needed to be lined up with the grit rollers. After I did that, I did its job wonderfully! Thanks so much!

Great that you got it.  

For the record, the LP3 also is designed to operate this way -- with specific spots to locate the rollers.

MH and SC2 do not have this restriction, FYI for others who buy those.

Sunstars don't feel bad, I did the same thing with my first cutter although I had been cutting successfully for a week or so and then moved one side off the roller and everything went wonky and it took a while to figure out what I'd done. Mine didn't have the little specific spots like yours does but the full length drive bar only had grit in a few places so if you were off it you were on a smooth round bar that wouldn't drive properly. 

• Haha 1