MrJoel

graphtec option for CB15 blade in SCALP 5

Just wondering if I'm just missing it or if it isnt there for an option.  If it isn't there is there a way to change offset to compensate for the larger CB15 blades... getting ready to cut some really thick stuff and I can't figure out the Graphtec software on the new PC...

13 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Graphtec offset is ZERO.    Always ZERO. 

It is when choosing the right blade holder in the blade holder options... the offset is built into the blade holder selection within their software (from what I’ve read), that’s why choosing the wrong blade holder (red or blue) makes a huge difference in the cut.

my #1 button is not working on the machine and I can’t get the controller program to launch so I might have to try this nasty stuff on the Titan tonight...

inreally need to take a day and get the graphtec stuff figured out... I just don’t see that happening in the next few weeks

You should have "cutting plotter controller" installed. Work the cutter with the PC instead of the pad.

The FC8600 controller works for the FC8000.             Just do test cuts and figure out the blade offset.  It shouldn't be that hard.   

This used FC8000 I got, came with a red top holder and no blue.  I had some spare holders for the regular blades to use. 

The Graphtec Cutting Controller will not launch until the cutter is sitting there  ready to cut. 

Maybe try roll 2,  but keep in mind,( that I am thinking,)  you will load it from the front to the back to cut.    An option for the FC cutters is that you can put the vinyl and the rollers in the front, and feed it that way.  Front to back.    That is probably what roll 2 is for. I have never tried it. 

• Thanks 1

Missed that part about the controller not working.

But ya. Like skeeter said. It has to be ready to go.

Messed me up at first, but works very well.

That is all I use is the controller.   Very nice and easy.   I don't mess changing any speed, force, etc from the cutter.  

23 minutes ago, bikemike said:

You should have "cutting plotter controller" installed. Work the cutter with the PC instead of the pad.

I have tried twice to install that but I keep getting errors.  I’m installing for the fc8000 (which I have) but may try the 8600???

1 minute ago, MrJoel said:

I have tried twice to install that but I keep getting errors.  I’m installing for the fc8000 (which I have) but may try the 8600???

If skeeter said it works, trust me. (and her) IT WORKS!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Mike.     I think I tried the Fc8000 controller also.  But went to the 8600 controller,  but look at what mine says.  It says both

8000 controller.JPG

The controller will not launch until the cutter is sitting there ready to send a file.  Ready to cut.  I actually don't have it connected to my cutter at the moment and you will get this error.   (I slid the error out of the way to take the first photo)

8000 controller1.JPG