Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

comments on current color inkjet all in ones that you like

our latest HP photosmart  - hardly made it thru one set of inks and won't feed paper - we use it for household printing and photos along with scanning

Doing research on current HP , Brother, Epson models and reviews are terrible on all of them.  anyone found a reliable printer that is currently in production they love?

I have an older epson wf7520 that has been great. Got a cobra cis on it and aside from head cleaning if I don't use it for months, prints great every time.

And with pigment ink, the prints last!

• Like 2

Thanks Mike - we have an epson that had dried heads now - the HP's we never had that problem but reliablity on current models seem to be terrible with all of the companies - I have a real old HP that still works but getting pretty hard to get ink for.

I have had Epson WF for ever but the heads clog with the pigment ink. Maybe the other brands pigment are better. We finally gave up and bought a Brother MFC-J985DW that is supposed to be a real ink miser. So far it's done great and definitely uses a lot less ink than the WF. Connects well to our mac and prints off wi-fi from all devices in the house. The only think I can find to complain about is the paper tray is a little strange to add paper the way you go about it. It's about half the size of the WF 7620 it replaced. I still have all my carts for the WF and if I get another decent transfer project I may buy another one and when done swap the ink out for some dye based so it doesn't clog again. I have two both clogged and have spent a lot of time trying to get them unclogged with no luck. 

• Like 1

Cobra has some good videos on clogged heads. But ya, the WF will clog if not used a lot.

going to give the brother a try - costco has it with 3 sets of ink for $199 and 3 year warranty so guess I am giving up on the hp . . .  used to love them but sometimes you have to try something different for better longevity

• Like 1

I gave up on inkjet printers because I never used them enough to keep the heads from clogging.   I switched to this and LOVE it.  

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-color-imageclass-mf632cdw-wireless-color-all-in-one-printer/5746102.p?skuId=5746102&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=1763&ds_rl=1266837&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1266837&gclid=CjwKCAiAo8jgBRAVEiwAJUXKqAmLTMBs7HBBTDWrGQ8EREgrqahnKC2IFA9Qhp-ZtHuAWRs06Nw26hoCN9cQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I never have to worry about clogged heads again.   It can sit for months and still works great.  Yea toner is more expensive but at my current rate it's going to be another few years before I need to buy toner.   

• Like 1

found the issue with the very very low usage HP - gear pressed on shaft stripped on shaft - never had issues with an hp clogging heads and part of why I liked them but the quality has changed a lot.    I looked at a couple of color lasers but the cost of toner was a lot more than the one you linked to . . .  good thing to keep in mind down the road.     hoping this brother I have coming does well - I have a 27 year old daughter that seems to still think dad needs to do all her high volume printing and is good at manipulating that usage.   usually with something like "mom said" while my wife is at work.   
With that brother from costco coming with that much ink I shouldn't have to buy any ink for quite a while