MrJoel

Step size not saving for graphtec

Every time i switch over from my Titan to my graphtec I have to go into settings and switch the step size.. it’s just one setting but dang if I don’t forget when I start a large reflective cut... err because a 1/2 size large decal just doesn’t cut it !

I know you like your Mac,  but personally I would buy a cheaper Windows Pc, to run the Graphtec on. Your losing out on some very nice software to run the FC.  They won't keep that offer up forever.  I hope you have already downloaded it and have the link stashed away somewhere.   $1000 plus free software  The Graphtec Pro Studio was created for Graphtecs. 

I have never been a huge fan of the SCALP program. I know it's the main option for mac users. In the old USC used to sell dongles for SignCut Pro 1, I don't know what happened to that relationship but they don't anymore which is sad. SignCut is a great mac option if you continue to have issues you might give them a try on the free trial. They are mac and pc cross platform compatible so will work on either. They have several options for internet key lease arrangements or you can just buy a lifetime dongle which is what I did. There is a new pro 2 out but I design in AI so pro 1 is perfect for what I need as it's just a cutting interface with all the bells and whistles like nesting and tiling and etc... When I upgraded to the Summa I looked at about everything available out there and ended up sticking with SignCut because it would do both platforms. It actually came with my original USCutter P-Cut cutter, 1 year free use.

I normally cut from a windows 7 laptop that has my quickbooks on it and do all my design on my iMac but just this week my laptop cord broke (when a certain dog used it as a chew toy) so I was really glad I could wheel the cutter over to my iMac and continue cutting. The dongle makes computer hopping easy because you don't have to switch the internet key over and you don't need internet connectivity either.