Sign in to follow this  
Bigk_54

Contour lines off

Hello all, 

im stumped and don’t know where to begin.   This problem just randomly started occurring it seems like.   I created both items in illustrator, converted to a PSD and imported into flexi v.12.   Add contour cut in flexi and print, then I put into graphtec 8600 and right from the first cut it’s off as you can see.   I’ve tried to contour 4 different files, all with same outcome   In flexi I typed 2 characters, added contour and cut them on 8600 and ts perfectly fine.   

Thanks in advance

B160408D-9C09-4704-827B-684B73C0F150.jpeg

2756CBE9-CB50-4BB1-BB7F-724625CCECEB.jpeg

0F565AF3-D33B-43D2-A24C-A12E8351E7DB.jpeg

4287D7DE-648B-42CB-92EE-CA3C26A94BEE.jpeg

1FF96003-36E8-4851-935E-B21291518EA4.jpeg

You do not mention printing the registration marks with the design and having the cutter read the registration marks. Did you do that? 

22 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You do not mention printing the registration marks with the design and having the cutter read the registration marks. Did you do that? 

Sorry yes all jobs had the proper registrations marks for the graphtec and were all read by the cutter.

Were you ever able to contour cut correctly the way you were doing it from .ai?  

Have you tried a different Graphtec software to use like Cutting Master, and just use the plugin with it? 

I would try a few things: - change the registration marks from type 2 to type 1 - or vice verus.  and export the PDF or .eps file straight from illustrator. 

that may help

• Thanks 1

With help of graphtec email support we reset cutter, updated firmware and maraculously it revived.  Chalk it up to martians 

• Like 2