Sign in to follow this  
Grandwazoo

Vinyl on vinyl.

Thanks in advance. When layering vinyl on vinyl  I'm finding the transfer tape adhesive is stronger than the vinyl stuck to the paper and vinyl base. Thus having a heck of a time pulling off the transfer tape without pulling up the base layer. Is there, or should I use, perhaps a different transfer tape for vinyl on vinyl?

Dumb question but are you pulling the tape off properly? You should pull the app tape off as flat as you can so there is only sideways tension and as little uplift as possible. I sometimes even fold it back on itself so it's completely touching on the smooth side and just use the tackiness of what has been exposed as traction for my hands to peel it off. 

Doing just that, Wild Man. Some of the cuts have pointy cuts and that's what comes up. I try and hold it down with my squeegee or pic. Which works but it sure adds time to the work. Not to mention much cursing!

1 hour ago, haumana said:

If you're able to, maybe do a paper tape with a wet application.

Or a dry application and a wet removal. spray your app tape after you get it all in place and it will often help release the tape. (paper only)

• Like 1