Sign in to follow this  
Grandwazoo

Temprature

Thanks in advance. I live in central Florida. My studio is in my Florida room and faces east. At night it gets around 50 degrees. When the sun comes up it bounces up to 70 + in about

2 hours. I keep all my vinyl in the house but I had left the cuts and TransferRite in the Florida room. Today I weeded it and was transferring one color to another. Did my squeege routine and

applied it to the other color. You guessed it, had one hell of a time trying to peel it off. The vinyl kept coming up. My guess is perhaps with the temperature change it effected it somewhat.

Any thought's?

Vinyl and tape should be kept at room temps and your vinyl should be weeded soon after you cut it.  The vinyl will self heal it's self and the lines go back together.   Don't cut more designs than you can weed right away. 

Thanks MZ. I figured it might be temperature. What do you mean " the vinyl will heal itself?" 

How's the weather up there? Gonna be sunny and 75 today here. Haha!

I mean after you cut your vinyl, you should weed soon after, as the cut lines will grow back together and making weeding very hard to do.  The adhesive will make the vinyl grow back together and look like it was hardly cut at all.    Weather 20, sunny, no snow.