fleetimus

vinylmaster cut v4.0

I can not figure out how to change the color of an object/ It will work then I can not do it again.  I am trying to duplicate in different colors in order to shadow.629201956_img009(2).thumb.jpg.4157b6e1be55e61f554fbf15e451036d.jpg

23 minutes ago, fleetimus said:

??????

She means if you press the F1 key on your keyboard (while in the VM program)  it will pull up the entire help menu with details on this and all other functions. This is a users forum for help but we still expect at least a modicum of effort doing your own searching. 

From the look of that, I hope you clean it up a lot before you try to cut it. And before you make copies for the color change.

• Like 1

Wildgoose, your response was not appreciated. I have spent countless HOURS looking for this answer.  And still have not gotten an answer!!!!!!!!!!

I don't own VM so I cannot speak to exact directions, but a lot of the design and cut software function similarly.

1. Clean-up that image and get rid of all the dust specks, because what you posted was a raster and not vector, so I highly recommend cleaning up prior to vectoring it.

2. Vector it.

3. Import into VM, if not already in VM, then copy and past another somewhere else in your work space. Select one of the images, and click on one of the colors  you'd like to re-color it to.

4. If all else fails, search it up on YouTube in any type of verbiage variation you can think of, because there's a chance that someone's already posted a video about it.

We're just a bunch of volunteers who want to help, but yes - searching the forum, as well as using the software's help menu is always appreciated before posting a question.

*I am totally open to anyone who happens to have a spare license for VM to sell it to me so I can play with it, and get better acquainted with it.

2 hours ago, fleetimus said:

Wildgoose, your response was not appreciated. I have spent countless HOURS looking for this answer.  And still have not gotten an answer!!!!!!!!!!

Fair enough, Sorry I did not give you an answer. I do have a copy of VM to try and learn however it's not here at my normal computer because I run a mac without a windows interface so I keep it on a computer at my day job. When I get time enough to spare I do some designs to gradually understand the program and hopefully help out. Not able to tell you off the cuff what steps to take to get to the color choice options. BUT I can tell you that I did  quick search online and found these links. The first one is a link to a whole host of training videos. Then I just read down through them until I found the second one that seems to be what you are looking for at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/user/futurecorporation/videos

Hope this helps. I don't know what you did for hours but I spent just a few minutes and was able to find these resources. Didn't mean to offend you but we get SOOO many people who post a question without searching at all and when you spend a few years on here trying to help out it gets frustrating when people won't take the effort to help themselves. We are all end users who have jobs and are trying to build our own files and offer our help to the new folks where and when we can. VM is a fairly new addition to the line-up so there are far less of us schooled on the in's and out's. I'm an Adobe Illustrator guy who can answer probably about any thing you come up with related to cutter designs in AI but I'm lacking in VM. 

Good day to you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fleetimus said:

Why aren't you contacting Vinyl Master, they are the tech support for the software.?  This is a user to user forum, and your display image looks horrible. and needs cleaned up.  It is not even a vector file.  Most of us older users on here use totally different cutting/design software, that we have used for years. I for one use Flexi software.  Many still use Signblazer  AI, Corel or Inkscape.  Many on here don't use Vinyl Master. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.