Jp450r

Pulling my Hair out

I know this should be simple to do but i have been racking my brain trying to figure it out. Can anyone help me by telling me how to do something like this in Vinyl Master pro?

insta.jpg

I'm not awesome with VM but essentially you will start with the square and round the corners then start dropping the other elements on top of it and knocking them out so they create a hole or gap where they intersect. Might want to do them one at a time since you're learning. The @ symbol you will outline to create the space around the swoop and use the outline to knock out the space or you can trace that out by hand. 

31 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

I'm not awesome with VM but essentially you will start with the square and round the corners then start dropping the other elements on top of it and knocking them out so they create a hole or gap where they intersect. Might want to do them one at a time since you're learning. The @ symbol you will outline to create the space around the swoop and use the outline to knock out the space or you can trace that out by hand. 

The @ cut out of the logo is what i need to learn to do. Sorry i was not clear in my first post.

8 minutes ago, VinylMaster said:

Place it above the camera icon, select both and click Punch Out from the Weld tools. 

Punch Out - Quick Lesson

so just duplicate say the @ symbol then punch out the one over the logo. Then drag the other into the space made by the punch out?  While i have you here Vinylmaster, how do i get the knife tool to highlight so i can use it?

11 minutes ago, VinylMaster said:

All explained here:

image.thumb.png.73c2c3f3eba1463b640856d1bf36aa43.png

Is that in vinylmaster? I see the knife tool but it will not let me select it.

That is the VinylMaster Help Manual. Please open and read through it as it explains what to do such as select the item to see the Knife tool etc. 

15 minutes ago, VinylMaster said:

That is the VinylMaster Help Manual. Please open and read through it as it explains what to do such as select the item to see the Knife tool etc. 

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Jp450r said:

so just duplicate say the @ symbol then punch out the one over the logo. Then drag the other into the space made by the punch out?  While i have you here Vinylmaster, how do i get the knife tool to highlight so i can use it?

You'll want to do an outline of the @ and use the outline to punch through. If you don't, there will not be a gap and it'll just look like the @ blends with the camera graphic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, darcshadow said:

You'll want to do an outline of the @ and use the outline to punch through. If you don't, there will not be a gap and it'll just look like the @ blends with the camera graphic.

so like adding a contour to it? or just make it a little bigger?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.