Raptor77racer

28" vs 34" sc2 cutter

Hello All

Sorry if this has already been brought up, did a search and didn't find anything.

I have a Silhouette Cameo 3 and want to upgrade, things have taken off faster than I thought/expected and need/want a larger cutter.

what is everyones opinion on 28" vs 34"

thanks all

Gary

Yeah, most on here that have had something over 24" typically say it wasn't worth it and a 24" cutter was more than big enough for their jobs.

It comes down to what you plan to cut with it though. If you plan to do really big signs the 34 might be the way to go. Keep in mind though, big decals are a big pain and often times a design can be broken down into smaller more manageable pieces.

• Like 2

I have always had 30-36" vinyl cutters and have never needed larger and would not want it smaller.  I use 24" and 30" wide vinyl in many different colors.  With me, it is not about would I need a cutter that large, I create designs that large for 28" wide and my buyers like that.  The sizes also create  higher prices, and bigger revenue.  It is not any harder for me to cut the large graphics on a 30" cutter than is it would be on a 24" w cutter.   You can get the plastic/resin tables, and they are 30" wide by 8 ft long, pretty reasonable. They have folding legs with a straight  table top.  I work by myself, and never have problems handling the large graphics or taping the large graphics. I can cut a 28" wide by 16 ft long, but I have a Graphtec.   I started out with a value cutter though for 14 months and that cutter stepped me up to the Graphtec. 

• Like 2

Strange how you cannot find big transfer tape applicators anymore. Except those real expensive ones with a handle to pull.   Not even Mask-Rite anymore.  I am glad I have my 2  Mask-Rite.  They make taping easy.