RedthreePro

Change Job names in Spooler

I have VinylMaster Cut V4.0

I run a professional vinyl shop and my wife has a hobby of making random signs and such for family and friends. We both use the same computer for our work.

As much as I have tried to get her to start labeling her jobs so the spooler doesn't get full of "untitled" job or wrong names for a job she always forgets, on top of when we first started I didn't keep up on proper naming before I realized how it all worked.

So now I have hundreds and hundreds of wrongly labeled jobs or "untitled" in my spooler and I really want to clean them up without losing all the work we did in creating the original files.

Is there a way to rename jobs in the spooler so we don't have to just delete them all out and start over?

Wouldn't you have to import the files to know what they really are, seeing as how you don't have them named?  Then you could SAVE AS, NAME THEM and put them in your computer documents. That is how I save my files.  I also put each file in a email draft, so that I can get them, if my computer should have problems.  You should always be saving your files off your computer, whether a USB thumbdrive,  external hard drive. etc. You cannot reply on saving files to 1 computer.  

If you click on the file in the spooler you can see what the cut file was and re-cut. As you can see in the attached photo there are a ton of untitled jobs. Just cut job number 1,448, of those about half are not named correctly or untitled.

Saving the file and renaming does not change it in the spooler que, I do save all my cut files off computer and properly name them. Just hundreds from before we got serious about organizing them and properly naming them I want to clean up without losing the cut file.

Vinylspooler.png

If you have all the files saved, why care about the spool files. Delete them all and use the saved files. I don't think you need instant access to files you may never cut again.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.