Sign in to follow this  
Grandwazoo

Building a road

Thanks in advance. Trying to build a road. An Ariel view using a capitol S, as the road. Want to put a yellow line in the center . Only way I've figured out so far is to

freehand draw the yellow line. Na! Is there a way to duplicate the S and make it very skinny and place on the road?

Thanks MZ. Can I save it as a PDF or something and transfer it to VM CUT, Then continue working on it there?

Any thought on my yellow line in the middle of my ariel road view?

Perhaps easier if I show you. My thought is I should be able to make an S, duplicate it, make it yellow and very skinny,  insert it in the black S and viola, or as I like to say Viola

I have a curvy road.

I know what you are trying to do. I have VM Pro on one of my workstations but am unschooled with it. I tried the "multi-line" tool and it produced a line inside but it wasn't consistent width because most S letters are not consistent width so the outline/inline follows suit. You may be able to do that and adjust the inside lines to get some consistency but it will be some node editing to get you there. 

I would suggest trying to find a very skinny S and do an outline to create the road rather than trying to create the yellow line inside. There are also "Inline" fonts that will have a line in the middle and you can probably deconstruct them and get the inner part separate from the rest. It won't work to slice an S and try to use one half of it because once again S's are not symmetrical nor even width. 

I am attaching a file with a couple S's for you. You should be able to import them into an open working file. I did these in AI where I know what I'm doing. The one that I like the best I also did a dashed line. I just free hand drew the yellow into the middle of the black on those two. The other was an inline offset that I tried to true the width up on. 

S Road.ai

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 10.05.52 AM.png

• Like 3

Yup...that's how I did it too in Corel.

I picked an S that was an even width....converted to curves and drew a yellow  line where I needed it...

then centered & spaced it by the nodes.

S_Road-1.eps

S_Road.jpg

• Like 2

We all did, very valuable info.

Also thanks to you guys (and gals). Great threads here lately, good details on things. Fun to watch things become resolved so often !!!

• Like 1