Sign in to follow this  
Grandwazoo

STUCK! Don't know what I did.

Put the design back on the design screen and change the width and the length to whatever size you want. Make sure you click proportional, ( or whatever it is called in your software) so the length stays with the height.   You should save the file to your computer files.

Good, got it. Only thing is, now when I click cut, in order for it to be the correct size I have to make it real tiny on the screen. That's okay, but I must have set something wrong in my

frustrated wandering around. My other work that I did before this  would be the same size as my cut parameters.

2 hours ago, Grandwazoo said:

Think I did that MZ. Put in legal size.

Legal size?   You should have  a height measurement and a length measurement. Are you sure the file is a vector file?  You would have no problems scaling the size of a vector file..as small as you want to put it. 

Could also be something where you accidentally switched from Inches to points or metric mm. Done that myself. Verify your units. Verify your vinyl width in those same units. The view of work should be something you can zoom in or out to suit your preference and will not effect the work itself. If all the units are correct you should be able to select the whole thing and resize it. Probably a good idea to select all then group it together. 

Thanks guy's. Actually I created it with squares, rectangles, circles, and triangles. I think when I was bouncing around in there I must have

changed something. Not inches to metric. Just gotta play with it. Eventually It'll get figured out. Good learning experience . Thanks again.

Well glad you got it, BUT  I don't see how that would not allow you to scale the design to the sizes you wanted.  When you use the select tool,  and go around the whole design, it grabs your whole design. and measures it. 

• Like 1

Well your right. I'd grab the design, size it, send it to the cutter, CUT responds I can't do it, to big. Grab the design scale it smaller. Says okay to cut? Dude I screwed something up.

Pretty much lost my 5 hr. art work. Well, not lost just fudged up. Hey, I'm learning. Is there a reset to  the original parameters that it was the the first time I used it? Maybe Hilary has it.

I have a design  on my layout screen,  (I am not going to show the design) But I have it selected,   BUT at the upper left corner   is X Y   as well as Height length.  . The design I have selected is 2.93 inches wide x 7.324 Tall   You can change those

sizes to what ever you want with the UP DOWN beside them. The design must be selected.  Your 6 inches, 7 inches would be there. 

rose.JPG

The 2 arrow boxes are your sizes of your design..When selected, with the select tool.    My design selected is  2.93 inches wide   x 7.324 inches high.    I never mess with X & Y.    1 box should have read 6,  the other 7 when selected, or you could have changed to any size you want. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this