Sign in to follow this  
Grandwazoo

Wondering again

Been about a month now, since I bought my cutter. I'm happy with my PT progress and have actually made a little cash on the side.

I am working on a T shirt design that, if my boss likes it will run perhaps 20-30 shirts a month. There will be potential for others as well.

My design requires a photo with lettering. I was going to farm out the photo to a local graphics company maybe buy a heat press and do

the transfer and lettering myself. Any suggestions on a under 1K$ printer? Or maybe a printer/press sold together? Thanks in advance.

If you are going to have it printed anyway, then send the company a .pdf file with the entire design, lettering and all.

• Like 3

You can use a pigment based ink printer on 3G transfer paper (or Jet Pro Soft Stretch on white shirts) Although the 3G on darks is really uncomfortable feeling. The JPSS on white work great if they are ok with a white shirt and I have my best luck on full cotton. Any "image" work like that has to go onto a white background for the colors to work so you are limited to either a white shirt or use a white base. The 3G just feels like someone glued a piece of paper on your chest is why I dislike it. To be totally honest the few printed HTV shirts I have handled as well as a couple full color plastisol transfers I have done all feel pretty heavy. This is a good option for DTG printing (Direct To Garment) which is it's own animal but excels at this specific item. And as you would expect it's super expensive to get set up with an on it's own is hard to get it to pay for itself. Outsource might be the best option of you can find someone who will cut you a wholesale break for outsourcing to them. I have a few locals who do that sort of thing but it doesn't leave a lot of room to make much.