Sign in to follow this  
Meucow

Help - New cutter weird cutting issue

I'm a new Titan 2 owner. I'm trying to understand the machine.  My husband just died and unfortunately, I'm having to make signs to pay some immediate bills. I haven't had the time or energy to learn the machine fully - I'm very overwhelmed. 

I cut most of yesterday and Sunday - with no issues. Today, the machine is cutting the image on the right fully and fine, the image on the left, it's cutting everything EXCEPT the area that I've drawn a red box around. I did it 3 times, and it stopped cutting at the SAME point and just spit out the vinyl. Any ideas? 

Thank you kindly,

Cindi

cut.png

HI - first, thank you for your responses months ago when I was debating on which cutter to purchase. I went with the Titan 2 (servo motor) and even though it was outside our budget, knew it would be a wise move. My husband just died from a massive heart attack at 54. It has rocked our world 'healthiest guy you'd know'.  I have 2 teenage kids and no family. Barely any life insurance and this machine just might be my saving grace. I make 'signs' and the income from this will be a HUGE help even thought it's not a 'salary'. ANYWAY _ I don't FULLY know the answer on how but I realized I'm not allowing enough vinyl. My 'design' is 18x24 and I was only having my vinyl piece about 18x25 - so think that was the issue. Thank you again for all your help months ago. Purchasing this machine was tough on our budget but a godsend now that it can help me financially. Cindi

• Sad 1

Very sorry for your loss.   You should prefeed enough vinyl thru for the amount of the  order.   (That is how I also look for problems that may be in the vinyl.)  Runs, mottle, pits, holes, bumps etc.   Not sure if that cutter has an auto prefeed like a  Graphtec.  But always have enough vinyl slack behind the machine to do the whole order.  Never be pulling from a roll while cutting.  I make very large long graphics.  So I need to look at the entire width and length of the vinyl.  I don't want to cut 8 ft. and there be a damage of the vinyl in that 8 ft.  The whole 8 ft would be wasted, if it was cut.   I look over my vinyl pretty good while it is prefeeding.  

Mottle is from the manufacture, rolls too tightly wound..  It will look like silver streaks across the vinyl. Dark colors, it shows up more. 

• Like 1