Cliff4

titan cutter receiving data but belt is not moving

Hey everyone, thankful for this forum. I have a new titan 53 inch vinyl cutter. I have sure cuts a lot pro 4. I have made a simple project with font, nothing elaborate. when I connect my Mac to the cutter via usb I go to file print and find the cutter under my printers, the titan receives the data, something is whirring but the belt does not move. What am I doing wrong?

Your not printing.  A vinyl cutter is not a printer.   Doesn't the software have FILE>CUT/PLOT?    I don't use SURE CUTS A lot, but most software has FILE>CUT if you want to cut with a vinyl cutter. 

16 hours ago, Cliff4 said:

Hey everyone, thankful for this forum. I have a new titan 53 inch vinyl cutter. I have sure cuts a lot pro 4. I have made a simple project with font, nothing elaborate. when I connect my Mac to the cutter via usb I go to file print and find the cutter under my printers, the titan receives the data, something is whirring but the belt does not move. What am I doing wrong?

From just a general trouble shooting stand point, sounds like something has slipped off. You're probably going to need to open it up and look around, find what is making the whirring noise then figure out what should be connected to it. I don't own a Titan though so maybe someone that has one has a bit more insight.

Skeeter was correct, I was sending it to a printer. I am sending it to the cutter in "Cuts 4" after making the basic lettering. Initially it was working but I have done something else to prevent the  stencil mask from advancing. This is what I know. 

My rollers are down. There is plenty of slack in the material. The cuts are being made but only in a single line because the material is not advancing. The letter I'm trying to cut are about 3 inches tall. I know I have probably changed a setting somewhere. I reset to factory settings but I'm troubleshooting now. Bless you Skeeter working with us newbies

Does the on board test cut work correct? If it does, you have a software/setting problem, if it does not you have a hardware problem.

• Like 1

You say your rollers are down, but are they directly over the grit rollers below?  They have to be to make the material move. 

13 minutes ago, Cliff4 said:

Got it guys. Thanks, works perfectly now. I am sure I will have more questions.

So what fixed your problems? You should add how you fixed your problems , so the next person can see, if they have a problem.   Pay it forward,  Your welcome