Wildgoose

Another plug for Siser HTV

I do a LOT of HTV work and primarily use Siser Easyweed Stretch (and the non-stretch when the color isn't available in stretch). Well I had a job that needed grey and it needed to be stretch which for whatever reason Siser does not do grey stretch. So I ordered some premium plus from stahls to get the job done. the temp range is comparable so I could use the other colors in the design out of my regular. The vinyl is ok I guess, stretchy and a nice hand but OH MY WORD what a pain to see to weed! You can't see where your blade has been to save your life. I had some knockout letters in a block and I'm really glad it was a small order because it was like pulling teeth to get those ready to press. I hope someday soon Siser will make grey in the stretch option. Regular Easyweed works fine on standard shirts but when you go to a performance fabric with a lot of movement it will cause cracks over time.  

White 651 gives me fits like that.  Don't know why, but I just can't seem to see where it's been cut.  Bought one of these tracing lights off of Amazon a few months ago and it's been fantastic. Even on dark colors you can see a definite contrast where the cut lines are.  Had a few small pieces pull up on me one day and with the tracing board the indentations on the carrier/backing jump out at you so it was easy to get them back in the right spot rather than guessing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0747MB622/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ShaneGreen said:

White 651 gives me fits like that.  Don't know why, but I just can't seem to see where it's been cut.  Bought one of these tracing lights off of Amazon a few months ago and it's been fantastic. Even on dark colors you can see a definite contrast where the cut lines are.  Had a few small pieces pull up on me one day and with the tracing board the indentations on the carrier/backing jump out at you so it was easy to get them back in the right spot rather than guessing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0747MB622/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's a really good idea I hadn't considered. Not planning on using this stuff very often but when I do I'll give that a try. 

I haven't used it on htv yet  ( have never cut any until later this week) but it works great on 651 and some Greenstar I have laying around.

You wouldn't need it on Siser but I'll keep that in mind when I go to use the rest of this roll from stahls.