Sign in to follow this  
Neil griffiths

Pix max Vinly cutter

So did you download the drivers and install them? (if connecting USB?)  Go into your device manager and check which com port and match it in Signcut set up?   And set up the cutter in Signcut?  I don't know anything about that cutter or Signcut software. 

I use SignCut Pro 1. Unfamiliar with the pixmax cutter but you can go to the SignCut website and ask for tech support. They do live chat and will call you and even remote your computer if needed. Great cutting utility company. 

I just did a quick search about your cutter and it appears to be about the same or exactly the same cutter as the MH 721. That's a bad sign because we get nothing but complaints about the USB chipset on those things (and other poor performance issues). If it happens to have a serial port connection you would be good to hook up that way or you will probably need the Triplite Keyspan Adapter. Buy that Name Brand most of the others do not work. It's a workaround for the cheap Chinese chipsets in the low budget cutters. 

CHEAP    We try to steer people away from MH series cutters.  Go with at least a SC2.  You get what you pay for in vinyl cutters. Servo motors are better at cutting small details.   A value cutter is night and day to a servo cutter.  When you think about a price so cheap, that is the quality of the machine. The only time I have heard that cutter name is the above OP.  Read the reviews on 'THE RIVER" site.  Also only Windows from what I read.   The MH has limited memory, bad tracking, very prone to static problems and communication problems.  

Where are you buying it and who is supposed to be your tech support?  

• Like 1

I concur with MZ Skeeter. Even within the structure and support group of US Cutter we here at the users forum try to steer people to a better quality cutter than the MH (which it appears the Pix-Max is maybe equal or the same). They are the very bottom of the barrel and for just a smidge more you can get a lot better performance out of the SC2. We are not trying to up-sell you because none of us are involved with the company that way we just see all the traffic come through the forum and most of the MH buyers have issues with things that the slightly better cutters seem to avoid.

I wouldn't buy the Pix just because there is basically zero tech support of any kind and probably no parts support either. US Cutter sells a whole array of cutters including the rock bottom door buster MH that is basically designed to get people to try and then like a crack addict they can't stop cutting because it's so COOL and they eventually upgrade anyway. Might as well just step up a little and you'll have a better experience. Make no mistake, the stepper motors are not as accurate as the servo and much louder but for text down to around the 3/4 or maybe 1/2 inch mark and designs up to the 3ft or 4ft long range they work pretty good. With enough practice a good operator can get smaller/bigger than that size parameter but it gets sketchy and you have to have your machine tuned up and have learned all it's personality quirks.