its.tgordon

MH 871-MK2 cutting across design

2 minutes ago, its.tgordon said:

Mines 34" x 8feet supposedly 

And that depends on how many nodes are in the design.  That cutter lacks memory.  And tracks horrible.  Have seen many, many complaints.  

Just now, its.tgordon said:

well looks like that might be the next cutter I get after this one, :/ if it ever works

Here is a recent problem with a post.  MH cutter,  He can't get the lines to meet.  Look at his pics.  Very bad tracking

On the plus side though, once you learn how to get decent cuts on an MH everything after will be a cake walk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, darcshadow said:

On the plus side though, once you learn how to get decent cuts on an MH everything after will be a cake walk.

Ain't that the truth. LOL. I have long been a proponent of starting with a budget cutter just so a person can learn the true basics and how to fine tune. I don't remember the last time I had to tweak my Summa. Totally spoiled. 

On 11/4/2018 at 10:16 PM, its.tgordon said:

267599417_HGWraps.thumb.jpg.7b4eff46b667360074fe9bf4f59736b9.jpgIf your carriage isn't allowing the pen or blade holder to lift or drop, it isn't getting a signal to activate the solinoid causing the pen to drag and not lift correctly. May need new carriage if the grounding in not a problem. With the machine off, move the cutter up and down to see if their is friction binding the movement, if so it might be a mechanical instead of electrical.