its.tgordon

MH 871-MK2 cutting across design

I recently picked up a MH 871-MK2, I went to make my first cut and it cuts, but after cutting the design ( text) it cuts across the design and returns to the beginning . How do you fix this problem?

betting you are using scalp and have not activated it yet - it will do that until activated

Is the cutter new or used?  Which cutting software?   Which computer operating system?  Did you ground the cutter to the stand, if it has one.  It could be static. Not enough info to help.  

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:11 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

betting you are using scalp and have not activated it yet - it will do that until activated

what do you mean scalp? 

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, MZ SKEETER said:

Is the cutter new or used?  Which cutting software?   Which computer operating system?  Did you ground the cutter to the stand, if it has one.  It could be static. Not enough info to help.  

Brand new, purchased off of Amazon.com, Using VinylMaster, Windows 10, Yes I did after I saw in one of the videos the person suggested doing so.

It could still be static from the vinyl.  Put the pen in the blade holder  use paper, and see it if does this again.  If it doesn't, most likely static .  It could be the design has too many nodes and runs out of memory. It could be the USB.  The value cutters, have cheap Chinese chipsets.  We tell people not to buy this cutter. It is a bottom of the barrel cutter with many known glitches to it.  We always tell people to buy a better cutter. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, its.tgordon said:

what do you mean scalp? 

SCALP is Sure Cuts A Lot software.  If you don't activate it, it makes 2 lines thru the design as it is still in demo mode.  He thought maybe you had SCALP software as you didn't leave any type of info to help you .  

8 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

It could still be static from the vinyl.  Put the pen in the blade holder  use paper, and see it if does this again.  If it doesn't, most likely static .  It could be the design has too many nodes and runs out of memory. It could be the USB.  The value cutters, have cheap Chinese chipsets.  We tell people not to buy this cutter. It is a bottom of the barrel cutter with many known glitches to it.  We always tell people to buy a better cutter. 

Preview attachment IMG_2941.jpgIMG_2941.jpg2 MB.url

12 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Whats a better cutter?

3 minutes ago, its.tgordon said:

Whats a better cutter?

A servo is always better than a stepper cutter.   Is the carriage head even going up and down?  Or is it staying down and doing that.   Also, it looks like you did not weld your design,  It has overlapping text. 

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

A servo is always better than a stepper cutter.   Is the carriage head even going up and down?  Or is it staying down and doing that.   Also, it looks like you did not weld your design,  It has overlapping text. 

I just used a text font I got online I did nothing else to it. no the carriage is just staying down

If it is just staying down, then the static probably already fried the z-chip.  That is why you ground it. 

Call UScutter tech support tomorrow. 

no bad language here.  Young people come on here.  If the carriage head does not come up, when you turn the power on , Most likely a fried Z-chip or possibly a bad solenoid.  Call tech support tomorrow. No it is not a fuse. 

my bad, yeah no it just stays down, welp thanks for the help I appreciate it . What makes a servo better then what I have ? whats the difference?

Just now, its.tgordon said:

my bad, yeah no it just stays down, welp thanks for the help I appreciate it . What makes a servo better then what I have ? whats the difference?

VERY accurate cutting. much cleaner cutting.   quiet, great tracking,  much more memory, TRUE USB connection. Much better built machines with much better warranties. They cut great very detailed designs and smaller text much better.  Set and forget settings.  Don't have to keep tweeking the machine each time you cut to get good results.    Less wasting of vinyl. No static problems. 

I own a Graphtec,  heavy duty one.  Most old timers on here do own Graphtecs.. I  bought new 2008,  never had a problem with it and cut daily.  They hold there resale value.   Your welcome :D

6 minutes ago, its.tgordon said:

oh my lord yeah I guess the price reflects quality huh, those are expensive as heck

Yes,  stepper and servo, night and day.   Mine was a 30"   I had mine paid off in 5-6 weeks,   It was $3000, back in 2008.   There are still great deals on finding used Graphtecs, Check Ebay,  Craigslist, etc.    Several of us have found great deals in the past couple months.  I picked up a FC8000-75 for $1k free shipping .  Took me 15 minutes to fix it.   

Professional vinyl cutters are very precise,  and well worth the money.  While you guys with your cheaper cutters are cutting 6 inch decals and burning out making nothing,  I am cutting 27"W x16 ft L decals and making great money.  That is how you can pay a cutter off in 5-6 weeks. As far as vinyl cutters go, you get what you pay for.  Every level up is better.