Jp450r

Is something like this possible with LTR

Assuming the white of the skull is just the white background of the page that is just one image stacked on top of a second image.

If you're wanting to cut it you'll need to do a punch out (tool bar on the left of the screen) of the top image through the bottom so that all the lines that are hidden by the top image don't cut when you send it to the cutter.

4 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Assuming the white of the skull is just the white background of the page that is just one image stacked on top of a second image.

If you're wanting to cut it you'll need to do a punch out (tool bar on the left of the screen) of the top image through the bottom so that all the lines that are hidden by the top image don't cut when you send it to the cutter.

No the white would be part of the sticker

What he is saying is you could build that using the proper tools. I am not familiar with the Letter version of VM but the Pro certainly could do that. You will need some practice to understand your program but you are basically creating a stack of the different colors in the design. If you have the red background that would be the first color layer and then the white and then the black and then the blue typically. To build that you will perform several operations to create them in a cut ready file. This is a mid level design job, not too complicated but not a simple one either. If you don't have a good handle on what the cutter is going to need for each layer it will be a good one to learn some skills.

• Like 1

I would assume the LTR has the punch through tool, that is pretty much the main tool you'll need to create an image like this and have it be cut ready.

Here's how I would do it, assuming you have the bull dog and skull design already.

draw a red box, put the skull on top of the box and do a punch through.

Next move the bull dog over the red box and move it to the bottom layer, the order drop down menu at the top of the window.

Duplicate the red box (Number pad ++, then punch it through the bull dog.

If you do a YouTube search on how to use the punch tool I'm sure you'll work out how to make this design.

As goose said, this is a step above a beginner design but easy enough to learn.

Ok i will try what both of you said. I used to have a cricut and i did try it in the cricut program and it has a tool called "slice" and it worked like i think it should have. I can believe as much as LTR cost that it dont have the slice tool like the crappy free cricut program has. AS far as skill level. i am really good at photoshop so i hope this wont be that big of a pain.

I am an Adobe Illustrator guy but I have VM Pro just haven't had time to learn it very well. The overall idea is make sure that the white in the bulldog is "punched out" so the white skull shows through when you stack it. Then take a copy of the skull and use it as a cropping type tool to lop off the unwanted parts of the dog and you're done. I don't know what the punch out and crop tools are called in VM but most likely you can do that. Letter is a step up from the Cut base model.

According to this guide it should do SOME punch out and shaping type work but it's a grey check mark which must mean some limitations. That's all very basic vector work so I have to believe it's something you can do. https://www.uscutter.com/static/PDFs/VinylMaster_Comparison.pdf

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.