802 Custom Vinyl

Not aligning cuts properly MH-871

So I am trying to cut a Large decal (90" X17") for the side of a truck and the very ends aren't matching up.

I have tried making sure my pinch rollers are adjusted, done a calibration to make sure offset was in the proper position and adjusted speed and force. Still cutting the same way. I have made sure to triple check the straightness of the vinyl when I've placed it in the rollers. I have less than 1CM of travel side to side over the course of 3 feet in material. But every time it does the same thing. I have now tried to cut this 3 times and am wasting a lot of material. Its almost like the middle portion isn't being centered properly in the outer. I've attached some images of whats going on and also the design I'm using so you can see what I mean. And don't worry I work for a Chevrolet Dealer and this is for one of our trucks. No copyright issues here lol.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Untitled.png

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

Easy answer,  buy a better vinyl cutter.  Those MH cutters are horrible with tracking,  It's been said all over this forum.   We steer people away from those cutters,  Any cutter above is better, but the value cutters are just not that great with tracking long designs.   About the only thing that "could" help is a software with optimize cutting order.  Like Flexi products.  They cut all of the first section, advance on to each section until it comes to the very end.  Instead of traveling the full distance back and forth of the entire design. It's very true, that you get what you pay for in vinyl cutters.  That is a bottom of the barrel vinyl cutter.  My 2c

12 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Easy answer,  buy a better cutter.  Those MH cutters are horrible with tracking,  It's been said all over this forum.   We steer people away from those cutters,  Any cutter above is better, but the value cutters are just not that great with tracking long decals.   About the only thing that "could" help is a software with optimize cutting order.  Like Flexi products.  They cut all of the first section, advance on to each section until it comes to the very end.  Instead of traveling the full distance back and forth of the entire design. It's very true, that you get what you pay for in vinyl cutters.  That is a bottom of the barrel vinyl cutter.  My 2c

So I only really do this as a hobby and not really a big thing yet. I cant afford to go Roland or any of those really right yet. If I were to get a different cutter is the Laserpoint any better? It's still considered a value cutter so I don't want to potentially waste more money for something that's not going to work.

No one said you had to get a Roland,    The Titan 2 is the least expensive servo cutter.  And servo is night and day to a stepper.   This laser pointer is newer.  Maybe someone who has bought one will comment.  I am a Graphtec person.  

You can go to SignCut Pro and do the free trial. They also rent by the week or month or longer. Within that software there is a setting called Step-by-step cutting (it's in the advanced cutting options) this will let you set a number like 12" and it will cut everything within the 12" before moving on down the line. This is a workaround for the budget cutters that will help in some circumstances like cutting pinstripes and other simple but long designs. Other cutting software may have the same option as well. Not sure what program you are using. 

1 minute ago, Wildgoose said:

You can go to SignCut Pro and do the free trial. They also rent by the week or month or longer. Within that software there is a setting called Step-by-step cutting (it's in the advanced cutting options) this will let you set a number like 12" and it will cut everything within the 12" before moving on down the line. This is a workaround for the budget cutters that will help in some circumstances like cutting pinstripes and other simple but long designs. Other cutting software may have the same option as well. Not sure what program you are using. 

I am using VinylMaster LTR v4.0. I think it has a similar option which might be the "Strip Mode" might try that and see what happens

Vinyl Master is a good cutting program. I am not totally familiar with all the in's and out's so can't help more than that but good luck. I know you can't justify the expense of a better cutter but the difference in a high end cutter is remarkable.