Sign in to follow this  
joebiv318

Trying to pay for cutter

I won a bid on a 24" laser cutter on ebay and also a mystery pack of vinyl.  Both auctions say that there could be a discount in shipping if another item is purchased.  So I sent Two messages to (uscutter?) on sending an invoice w/ the discounted shipping so I can pay for the items.  I havent gotten a response back at all.  Also I must have called 10X and pushed every prompt possible and even though it says "normal bussiness hours" I still get voice mail every time.  I'm a little to busy to leave a message and wait for a phone call back.  So I have no experience w/ a vinyl cutter and will more than likely need their tech support.  I cant get anyone to help me PAY for the items whats going to happen when I need help on using it once I get it.  I have a really bad feeling here. :)

Don't worry, you're technical support is this forum right here with plenty of knowledgeable people.

Send a PM to kenimes about your order or an email to kenimes@uscutter.com

USCutter's growth in sales has exploded lately and unfortunately they don't have enough staff at this point. Please be patient, trust me I know it's hard but Ken will get it all worked out.  :)

You can send the payment to my paypal account if you want. Just Kidding! Welcome to the forums and you will see it will all work out great.

Joe

Guest fivestar

You can send the payment to my paypal account if you want. Just Kidding! Welcome to the forums and you will see it will all work out great.

Joe

Then JOe will forward it to my Paypal account.  :) BTW, welcome to the forums, we are a "little crazy" around here.

If you won two differnet items through eBay, the invoice you are sent shoudl already calculate the shipping discount when you go to pay.

Ok maybe I dont know what I'm doing here?  On my ebay page it lists both items and adds both items together and shipping together for a total together, no discount on shipping just as the auction listed it.  so if I just pay that I would not get the discount.  I now have received a message replying to my message saying"done".  I assume that meant you sent the combined invoice w/ the discount shipping, but when I opened my email I just got the invoice for only the cutter w/ its normal shipping, nothing about the vinyl?  So am I doing somthing wrong?  Can I get the discount for the shipping on my own somehow?  At this point the $5 I think I would be saving is probably not worth it. So let me know so I can just pay for it, I'm excited to start playing w/ this!!!

Sorry, I am new to the eBay invoicing thing, but if both items were won through eBay, it should've reflected the $5 discount. If not, see if you can add the discount on your own when paying with the invoice.

Ok I never tried to go any farther than just looking at the total amount on the "my ebay"page.  I went to pay for the item and it did automatically  show the $5 discount.  So I would say thats my fault, but I just didnt know.  I never bought more than one item before, so next time i'll know.  On the plus side today I recieved a $10 coupon from pay pal that I was able to use on this, so if I paid Two days ago I would not have had that!!!  ;D Well thanks again, I cant wait to get started.

welcome ! doing vinyl,sticker ,signs etc. hopefully will expand your patience!it did mine!

Ok I got my cutter to day, and its the wrong one.  This is the one I won,  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=300223897016  .  This is the one that I recieved,  http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-24-25-Vinyl-Cutter-Cutting-Plotter-USCutter-W-USB_W0QQitemZ290233511137QQihZ019QQcategoryZ26245QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

The part number on the bottom says  CTN630.  So now what do I do?

Crud....sorry. You have a couple options:

1) We can offer you a partial refund for shipping you the worng unit.

2) We can setup a call tag to pickup the wrong unit, and then ship you a new unit.

OK whats the deal here?  Its been over a week since you got the wrong cutter back!!!  I sent you a PM a few days a go looking to get the tracking number on the right cutter.  I have not gotten a response back.  Do you have a tracking number, did you even send out the right cutter yet?  I figured I would have heard something?  Please let me know.  Thank You

Did you only send the cutter back? I do see that we have received it, just need to make sure we send you the cables if you sent those back, and if not, we will just send you the LaserPoint cutter.

Thank you Ken for the response.  I must say that I am EXTREMELY disappointed that it took you a week to send out the right cutter after getting the wrong cutter back.  I wonder how long it would have been had I not sent a message?  This is not personally geared to you just this company in general.  I'm sure you are busy with many things but that is not my problem.  Still this seems to be one of the best deals out there on a vinyl cutter so I hope that all issues end here.  I hope this just works right from the start and I don't need any additional support because I can see that would be a nightmare.  Thank you again for doing what you could.

Thank you Ken for the response.  I must say that I am EXTREMELY disappointed that it took you a week to send out the right cutter after getting the wrong cutter back.  I wonder how long it would have been had I not sent a message?  This is not personally geared to you just this company in general.  I'm sure you are busy with many things but that is not my problem.  Still this seems to be one of the best deals out there on a vinyl cutter so I hope that all issues end here.  I hope this just works right from the start and I don't need any additional support because I can see that would be a nightmare.  Thank you again for doing what you could.

Yea, for whatever reason, it had not been checked in. Unfortunately you needed an exchange done in the middle of us training new shipping guys, so this was the cause of the delay. We have set some goals, and once everyone is comfortable in their rolls, the timelinesss will be like it used to be before we grew so big. Your LaserPoint is on the way, and I have sent you a PM with the tracking info.

:thumbsup:

Did you only send the cutter back? I do see that we have received it, just need to make sure we send you the cables if you sent those back, and if not, we will just send you the LaserPoint cutter.

WTF?  You sent me the cutter only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell do I do with a cutter only?  Did you even look in the box I sent back the whole week you had it?:lol:?:laugh:  No software, no cables, not even an owners manual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am pissed off NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is the WORST company I have ever dealt with  You guys are COMPLETE morons, I don't care what you or anyone else who reads this post thinks of me writing this!!!!!!  You have f'ed my order up twice now!!!  I paid for a product OVER a month ago now and STILL am not able to use it.  You should send everything out that is missing(everything except the cutter) over night.  I should not have to wait another 10+ days shipping for YOUR SECOND screw up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had you responded to my question: "Did you only send the cutter back? I do see that we have received it, just need to make sure we send you the cables if you sent those back, and if not, we will just send you the LaserPoint cutter."

This would not have happened. Name calling not necessary, answering my question would have been easiest.

:lol:

Oh, and if you would like us to ship you the missing stuff, we would be happy to, but not overnight.

WOW, I cant believe I have to waste my time and answer this.

Did you only send the cutter back? I do see that we have received it, just need to make sure we send you the cables if you sent those back, and if not, we will just send you the LaserPoint cutter
  You sent this at 3:17 pm, at 5:20 pm just TWO hours later you sent me the tracking #.  At 7:10 almost Two hours later I checked in, got your Two posts and figured you didn't need a response to your question because you already sent the cutter out?  You already sent the tracking #, so don't say I should have answered your question, you didn't give me any time!!!

2.  You had 8 days from the day you received the wrong cutter I sent back till you sent the right cutter out. (7 days to long) In those 8 days you never sent me any questions on what was returned or what wasn't.  Also in those 8 days you never had anyone look in the box to see what was returned and what wasn't, obviously or we would not have conversation.  But this is my fault!!

3.  Not once in this whole process of me getting the wrong cutter and sending it back did anyone, not you or I ever mention anything at all of keeping anything like wires or soft ware.  I would have no idea that the wires are the same for the Two cutters, So why would you even assume that I would have kept anything from the WRONG cutter?:lol:  This make no sense to me at all!!!  But still its my fault.

4.  If I made a mistake like this at my work I would get a entry in my permanent file, I would get reprimanded, and placed on steps for 6 months,  But at your job you get to blame the customer because YOU screwed up!!  How awesome is that.

Yea name calling is necessary, what ever needs to be said to wake someone up out there!

Oh, and if you would like us to ship you the missing stuff, we would be happy to, but not overnight.
   WTF?:lol:?  no I want you to keep the missing stuff, I would like to sit and look at the cutter I cant use?  Are you serious?  What kind of company are you guys?  YOU should be bending over backwards trying to save face on this deal, YOU should be offering to do WHATEVER it take to make the customer happy, hey what do I know I just give you my money right? I still cant believe I even have to sit here and write this!

WOW, I cant believe I have to waste my time and answer this.

Did you only send the cutter back? I do see that we have received it, just need to make sure we send you the cables if you sent those back, and if not, we will just send you the LaserPoint cutter
  You sent this at 3:17 pm, at 5:20 pm just TWO hours later you sent me the tracking #.  At 7:10 almost Two hours later I checked in, got your Two posts and figured you didn't need a response to your question because you already sent the cutter out?  You already sent the tracking #, so don't say I should have answered your question, you didn't give me any time!!!

2.  You had 8 days from the day you received the wrong cutter I sent back till you sent the right cutter out. (7 days to long) In those 8 days you never sent me any questions on what was returned or what wasn't.  Also in those 8 days you never had anyone look in the box to see what was returned and what wasn't, obviously or we would not have conversation.  But this is my fault!!

3.  Not once in this whole process of me getting the wrong cutter and sending it back did anyone, not you or I ever mention anything at all of keeping anything like wires or soft ware.  I would have no idea that the wires are the same for the Two cutters, So why would you even assume that I would have kept anything from the WRONG cutter?:lol:  This make no sense to me at all!!!  But still its my fault.

4.  If I made a mistake like this at my work I would get a entry in my permanent file, I would get reprimanded, and placed on steps for 6 months,  But at your job you get to blame the customer because YOU screwed up!!  How awesome is that.

Yea name calling is necessary, what ever needs to be said to wake someone up out there!

WTF?:lol:?  no I want you to keep the missing stuff, I would like to sit and look at the cutter I cant use?  Are you serious?  What kind of company are you guys?  YOU should be bending over backwards trying to save face on this deal, YOU should be offering to do WHATEVER it take to make the customer happy, hey what do I know I just give you my money right? I still cant believe I even have to sit here and write this!

Once it is labeled and the tracking number is generated and you get an email saying so, that only means it is labeled. Does not mean FedEx has picked it up yet......so I asked if you sent only the cutter back, hoping to get an answer before FedEx showed up. I posted the question at 12:17pm, and FedEx does not pickup until 3pm PST, not much of a window...understandably so. I could have waited to ship it out until I heard back from you, or I could have tried to locate the one you sent back, which would have taken forever and a day, but instead I wanted to get it out right away because of how long you already had to wait. Safe to say in this case I was damned if I did ship it, and damned if I didn't, and either way, you are pent up. Sorry to have failed you. The blame has not been placed on you. I thought I had asked you to hang on to everything except for the cutter, but perhaps I didn't.

Bottom line, this has been an utter mess, and we are shipping you the missing items to get you back up and running.

:-

I got the cutter, and working something like 45+ days after I paid for it.  Yes I got it to actually work :)  And I'll be honest I thought for sure it wouldn't.  The only thing now is the laser never comes on and from what I read it should be on all the time?  There's no way I'm sending this back for repair. HAHAHA  So I'll just ask someone on here how to fix it myself, it seams its a common problem.  But all in all I like it, would I do it again, NO, would I recommend to anyone to buy one from them NO!!!  Thanks for asking ;D

I got the cutter, and working something like 45+ days after I paid for it.  Yes I got it to actually work ;)  And I'll be honest I thought for sure it wouldn't.  The only thing now is the laser never comes on and from what I read it should be on all the time?  There's no way I'm sending this back for repair. HAHAHA  So I'll just ask someone on here how to fix it myself, it seams its a common problem.  But all in all I like it, would I do it again, NO, would I recommend to anyone to buy one from them NO!!!  Thanks for asking :thumbsup:

Well crud. I have seen this a few times, and it seems that the soldering for the laser wires may be the culprit. If you feel comfortable investigating the soldering for tha laser wires, it could be an easy fix without having to send anything back. Yes, it should always be on when the unit is on.