Sign in to follow this  
fmccauley

All of a sudden can't connect to cutter

I have a Titan 3 cutter and use Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro.

I have been using this set up for over a year with no problems, but the other day when I went to cut, the program couldn't connect to to the cutter.

I've tried all the standard trouble shooting suggestions, I've reinstalled the driver, tried new usb cords, even tried a serial cable.

Any ideas? 

No mention of which computer operating system.  Computer updates can cause this.  Try rolling your computer back to the last time it worked correctly.   Try a different software trial. It won't cost you a penny.    Then you can rule out drivers, software etc. 

I'm working on a mac, I haven't updated anything so the system should be the same.

But I did install a trial on a different MacBook Pro, installed the driver and everything and got the same result when going to cut, the program can't find the cutter.

Which software trial? 

I would get away from SCALP.  many problems with it.   Has Scalp updated?  Have you tried SigncutPro?  It works with a Mac.  

I only use Windows, so I don't know anything about a Mac. 

I had tried a SCALP trial on the MacBook.

So I just downloaded SigncutPro 2, installed it, set it up for the UScutter Titan 2, and then tried to do a test cut.

A progress bar flashed quickly but nothing happened with the cutter...

Contact UScutter tech support.  They are open now.  Pacific time.  Give them a call. 

You said you set it up for a Titan 2?  You state you have Titan 3( in your first post). .  Or try with one of the SAGA vinyl cutters that match the Titan 3 you state you have.    A Titan is a rebranded Saga vinyl cutter sold by UScutter. 

I've tried contacting them, sat listening to elevator music for 30 minutes and was never connected with anyone.

The Titan 2 and 3 are exactly the same so its not an option to set it up as a Titan 3, but I'll try the the SAGA.

Is it possible that USB/serial module just all of a sudden went bad?

Haha, well I am pretty much a noob! :D

For some reason I can't view that page, it says there's some Unsupported plugin.

I tried the SAGA setting and the same thing happened, real quick progress bar flash but nothing with the cutter

Go to the UScutter website,  Under UScutter to the left is SUPPORT,    Vinyl Cutters, choose Titan.   Titan Vinyl Cutter Series comes up.    7 lines down  is the link I posted.   Cutter is not being detected. Follow it. 

https://www.uscutter.com/

• Like 1