Chris Hovenden

Need carriage mh 871 ( us cutter back order)

(I searched eBay and there are no MH units listed non-working, and since craigslist is for local transactions only, I feel it's unlikely Chris will be able to find a broken machine nearby to him, wherever that happens to be).

What exactly happened that led you to require replacing the carriage?

I found the MH carriage head  replacements, UK  on EBAY,, but by the time you pay for shipping might as well buy a new vinyl cutter.  

13 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Check Ebay or Craigslist for MH cutters sold as non working, for parts only.    

I’ve looked and found nothing on Craigslist. I bought a used cutter 871. At first the carriage arm would not lower and raise so I took the side off and checked all connections going into mother board. Found the two white wires going in the CAR plug had a bad connection. Got the silenoid to start raising and lowering. When I turn the machine in now it will lower then raise them move to position. I called tech support and they cad me remove carriage cap and adjust the two top screws , 2 rounds push the arm down to see if it will pop up on its own. Never would so I turned it another round and still would not pop up on its own. So I went and got some contact cleaner and air duster, cleaned it out very good and it worked fine for my test. Ran a job and it would only cut bits and pieces of the job. So I took cap off and cleaned it again a few times and after I clean it when the machine has been sitting a few minutes while I clean it I start the machine push the carriage arm down and it pops right back up as should. But after a couple times it stops popping back up. So I cleaned it more times while adjusting screws and it will pop back up only right after I clean it a few times. It’s like once it warms up it starts sticking again. So pretty much my only option is to get another carriage. I have a lady who is supposed to ship me one tomorrow. If not I have no idea it will take US cutter to get them in. The guy said they have already been ordered and on the way from China or going through customs. So I don’t know if he’s being honest or just telling me something. I get LED parts from China regularly and I can get them in just a few days no problem. But anyway that’s where I’m at and thank you guys so much for your help. I checked that link you gave me but I have no idea what that symbol is before the 37 or what the deal is white that link. If this lady doesn’t send me the carriage I will have to decide if I should go ahead and order from US cutter or try that link you sent. 

" I have a lady who is supposed to ship me one tomorrow. "

Hopefully it arrives as promised.

Wishing you good luck, as we all know that having a cutter not working is a very frustrating thing, as customers are lined up and you can't deliver their work. Let us know the outcome.

The symbol before the 37 is English pounds.  Go up to the upper right corner, and change it to US dollars.  It's a drop down box. Where it says GB Pound.  It is $48.83 US dollar plus shipping, If it applies.  

8 hours ago, slice&dice said:

" I have a lady who is supposed to ship me one tomorrow. "

Hopefully it arrives as promised.

Wishing you good luck, as we all know that having a cutter not working is a very frustrating thing, as customers are lined up and you can't deliver their work. Let us know the outcome.

Thank you so much. Yes I have 4 jobs to do and no way to do them. :( 

1 minute ago, Chris Hovenden said:

Thank you so much. Yes I have 4 jobs to do and no way to do them. :( 

If you have a business, it might be a good time to rethink it.  This MH cutter has had known problems for years.  You should be saving back for an upgrade.  This cutter is the bottom of the barrel.    New cutters have been introduced this year, that sure top that one.  We always tell people to not buy that cutter, any cutter above is better.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

If you have a business, it might be a good time to rethink it.  This MH cutter has had known problems for years.  You should be saving back for an upgrade.  This cutter is the bottom of the barrel.    New cutters have been introduced this year, that sure top that one.  We always tell people to not buy that cutter, any cutter above is better.  

What is the next best line of cutters to get? I know Roland is good but just to expensive. What would you recommend that’s close to the same price as the MH? 

next one up the scale would be the sc2 - then if you can swing it the cheapest servo motor cutter is the titan2

• Like 2