Sign in to follow this  
Hen

Need help making changes to a saved project in Vinylmaster ltr

I saved a project after I cut it in vinylmaster LTR.  When I weeded it one of my letters messed up so I was going to go back in and just print that word but it will not let me make any changes to my words except delete it and then it comes back as a different font and size.  I need the exact so I can fix the work that I messed up originally.  

A quick fix:  If you change the color of the "piece or pieces" you need, then go to CUT, you should be able to just cut that color.

Sue2

• Like 1

I have everything broke apart.  As long as it says artistic text it will let me change anything or see the font but somehow after I group it, save it and cut it, it says curve and the nodes.  Then I cant do anything to it but delete it and redo that part.  Sue I did change the color just now and was able to cut separate.  I messed up on weeding a logo and needed two letters so this helped a lot.  Just have to figure out how to change the type.  I am working on a project that the header is all the same but the text at the bottom is different on each one.  So it would be easier if I could just go in and save it as a duplicate and then just change the words on each one instead of having to redo it every time.  Any suggestions.  Thanks a lot guys, you help me tremendously.

probably once you cut the project it auto converted the text to curves. All cutting programs have to have converted live text over to lines and curves in order for the cutter to follow the lines. Some programs will cut from the desktop without making you actually convert them over manually. I assume that VM has converted them. Do a test to see if you create something but don't cut it and save it if it opens up still with editable text or not and then cut that and see if it changes things for you. It's all about getting to know your program and the quirks and intricacies that go with them. I design in Illustrator and manually convert my live text in order to cut it. I usually keep what I call a "working file" with things like live text and un-wleded objects still free floating so I can later go make changes or continue on a different direction. I save my cut files with a special moniker than lets me know it's cut ready. In my case I downsave them to AI version 8 that my cutting program likes best and so I place a number 8 behind the name to clearly define this.  If your program does in fact convert things at some point in the process you may benefit from doing something similar. It would be a pain to have to go remember what font you used every time you wanted to modify a design. No matter what you do there will likely always be times you have to go figure out what you used. (that is actually one of the reasons I bought Find my Font, saves me hours just inside my own computer)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

probably once you cut the project it auto converted the text to curves. All cutting programs have to have converted live text over to lines and curves in order for the cutter to follow the lines. Some programs will cut from the desktop without making you actually convert them over manually. I assume that VM has converted them. Do a test to see if you create something but don't cut it and save it if it opens up still with editable text or not and then cut that and see if it changes things for you. It's all about getting to know your program and the quirks and intricacies that go with them. I design in Illustrator and manually convert my live text in order to cut it. I usually keep what I call a "working file" with things like live text and un-wleded objects still free floating so I can later go make changes or continue on a different direction. I save my cut files with a special moniker than lets me know it's cut ready. In my case I downsave them to AI version 8 that my cutting program likes best and so I place a number 8 behind the name to clearly define this.  If your program does in fact convert things at some point in the process you may benefit from doing something similar. It would be a pain to have to go remember what font you used every time you wanted to modify a design. No matter what you do there will likely always be times you have to go figure out what you used. (that is actually one of the reasons I bought Find my Font, saves me hours just inside my own computer)

Thank you,  I will save two copies everytime on things that I may need to make changes to and see if this will help. One to print and one to make changes too.

On 10/26/2018 at 8:28 AM, Sue2 said:

A quick fix:  If you change the color of the "piece or pieces" you need, then go to CUT, you should be able to just cut that color.

Sue2

Thanks Sue,  I was able to print what I needed by changing the color.  A new problem that I have is I am trying to add a pink bow to an object.  But the only bow that I can find is just white with a color outline.  I need it solid so I can show my customer what it will look like.  I have broke it up but still cant color the inside.  any suggestions.

4 hours ago, Sue2 said:

Is the bow you have a vector file?

It lets me vectorize it.  I got it from google.

Don't know what your bow looked like to begin with so it's hard to tell you what to do.

If it was a color outline of a bow you traced you will get a trace of that outline...

some trace programs will give you the inside fill as white....some not.

Try hand outlining the bow for your customer.

Sue

1 hour ago, Sue2 said:

Don't know what your bow looked like to begin with so it's hard to tell you what to do.

If it was a color outline of a bow you traced you will get a trace of that outline...

some trace programs will give you the inside fill as white....some not.

Try hand outlining the bow for your customer.

Sue

I looked on etsy and found where I can just buy the file.  They come in SVG, DXF and PNG.  Will the uscutterMH 871-MK2 , using the Vinylmaster ltr program cut it?

1 minute ago, Sue2 said:

It should handle the svg file.

I spent a day trying to add that bow when I can go online and buy it for $1.50.  I'm trying to do the jeep with the bow.  

Thanks again for all of your help!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this