Sign in to follow this  
Jp450r

Titan 3 SE

For the past couple of days my titan 3 se will just stop cutting before the job is done. i had the MH seris and the SC2 and never had this problem, Please help!!!

What does the display say? Does your software show any errors or stalls?

How large of a file are you cutting?

The display on the cutter? How do i check the file size? Like i said in my first post, i cut the exact same things with a MH series and sc2 series cutter and this never happened.

How long have you had the Titan? Are you making sure the that the cutter carriage doesn't hit the kill button?

Has anything changed in your setup, besides just using a different cutter? Windows upgrade? Software upgrade? Relocation of equipment? etc.

You did not specify that you cut the exact same design on the other machines, just that the other machines did not stop before finishing a job.

Have you tried changing the connection cable?   I had that happen before on my Graphtec. The USB cable, must have gotten broken. I could wiggle the USB cable and the cutter took back off again. I put a new USB cable on and it fixed the problem. 

Also a USB cable that is too long will create this problem. 

12 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Have you tried changing the connection cable?   I had that happen before on my Graphtec. The USB cable, must have gotten broken. I could wiggle the USB cable and the cutter took back off again. I put a new USB cable on and it fixed the problem. 

Also a USB cable that is too long will create this problem. 

i do have a longer USB cable because of the distance between the cutter and my lap top. I had the same cable though on both of my other cutters though so i dont think its the length but i will wiggle it the next time it does it and see if thats the problem.

I tried a 16 ft before and it kept stopping.  No wiggling is going to fix that. It's just too long.(It was a cheap cable from Ebay)  I went back to a new 12 ft  and never had a problem again. ( It also was a cheap cable from Ebay)

20 hours ago, haumana said:

How long have you had the Titan? Are you making sure the that the cutter carriage doesn't hit the kill button?

Has anything changed in your setup, besides just using a different cutter? Windows upgrade? Software upgrade? Relocation of equipment? etc.

You did not specify that you cut the exact same design on the other machines, just that the other machines did not stop before finishing a job.

Sorry i should have mention that but yes some of the stuff i cut with the others stopped with the titan. Nothing has changed but the cutter.

7 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I tried a 16 ft before and it kept stopping.  No wiggling is going to fix that. It's just too long.(It was a cheap cable from Ebay)  I went back to a new 12 ft  and never had a problem again. ( It also was a cheap cable from Ebay)

The one i have might be 6ft but no longer than that.

12 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

OK,  but you still might want to try a new one.  Have you tried to install with a serial cable? 

i dont think i have the right connection on my laptop for the serial port.

13 minutes ago, Jp450r said:

i dont think i have the right connection on my laptop for the serial port.

The Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter is for  USB ports on a laptop.  Have you contacted UScutter tech support about this problem?  Below is example only,  Find the best price. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TRIPP-LITE-USB-Serial-Adapter-Keyspan-USA-19HS-High-Speed/302926495831?hash=item4687d38057:g:7rIAAOSwR6BbyeK8:rk:4:pf:0

Try a keyspan, that would be your best bet at this point. They're are a lot more consistent for data communication with the cutter.

If that doesn't work, or if you happen to have one handy (and want to just give it a go) - use a powered USB hub.