calderonfamof5

PRS number for LaserPoint2

There is no set pressure/force for any vinyl cutter or vinyl.   You must follow the blade depth set up instructions to set the force for any vinyl cutter and vinyl.  You may even need to make  2-3 different passes on hard to cut vinyl. You have to experiment with your force using the TEST feature.  Then write it down and keep it for the future. Then it will be your starting point, next time. 

How to set blade depth.  To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.,  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

Then what is your problem?  You have a TEST feature on your vinyl cutter to test if the vinyl cuts correctly and deep enough or too deep before you go cut a design. 

I was just asking if anyone knew what number to use. Isn't this what this forum is for???? I use 127g for regular HTV and glitter I use 198g I was asking what other have used for the Siser Holographic HTV. That was my question....

Once again, there is no set number, for force for any vinyl cutter.  Every vinyl cutter is different, even the same model.   The value cutters are more inconsistent in specs and quality control, than the higher end cutters like  Graphtec, Roland and Summa.    I explained to you above how to set your blade(for your vinyl cutter) and get the correct force for the vinyl you are cutting. Force is determined by how far you have your blade tip sticking out of the blade holder, as well as how thick the vinyl is that your going to cut. . Blade depth has to be set correctly first.  That is what the TEST feature is for.  I can only give you the best way to set your force for the correct vinyl, that you are cutting.for your vinyl cutter. . It is up to you whether you choose to use that advice.   That applies to any vinyl as well as ANY vinyl cutter.  This gets you there. It has been posted hundreds and hundreds of times on here. 

17 minutes ago, calderonfamof5 said:

Wow thanks for that! You don't have to be so rude.................

I was not rude at all. You didn't want to listen to the first post that I posted about setting the blade depth and force. And I was very calm when I posted it. . Because you didn't want to listen,  I just repeated the same thing a little stronger.  I don't work for UScutter, most all people here volunteer their time.  We can only give advice on what works, and what has worked for years. It is up to you, whether you want to use that advice, or figure it out on your own.  

• Like 1