cutup0017

Import scale smaller than TurboCad drawing???

Greetings, I am  a fabricator. I am interested plotting templates using drawing .dxf files from TurboCad. When I import a .dxf file from the Cad program it is displayed smaller then the size that it was drawn.

I am using VinlyMaster Cut 4.0. Is there a method to keep  the import file the same size when displayed in VinlyMaster Cut 4.0. Thanks for any help received. Cheers

I have had some import scale issues in Adobe Illustrator as well when importing a dxf. In my case I just needed it at a final overall width so I just scaled it up to that. I never did figure out why it was off. 

while dxf is a vector, it can do some weird stuff when opened in a vector graphic program vs a cad program. Do you have any other export options from TurboCad? EPS would be ideal. PDF might work as well.

Hi, thanks for the help. I can save as from the Cad program many different file types. I will try some different file extinctions and post the results if successful. thanks again.

Hi, I found a solution that is working for me. After I import a .dxf file I use the scale tool to resize the drawing. Because I used a cad program to create the template I know the width and height . Thanks for the help. Cheers

• Like 1