Emanuelle

Contour cutting without registration marks? Graphtec FC8600

Hi there! I have just bought a Graphtec FC8600 and have a question about alignment/registration marks and contour cutting.  

I have designed some kids decals and am able to cut out the designs, weed them and then apply the transfer tape...but then I'd like to be able to put the images back into the cutter to contour cut them so they have nice perfect edges. However, as my images are not printed from a printer, they are simply 1 colour cut out from coloured vinyl, I don't have the option to print registration marks on them. I have tried with a pen to trick the graphtec and draw them on but that definitely does not work. Is there a way to put the image back through the Graphtec to get a nice contour cut without using registration marks. Or just another way I haven't yet found in this 300 page manual? Lol 

Please let me know if anyone has any advice. Thanks!! :)

Have never tried. Just cutting a simple square with a knife or scissors is what most people do I believe.

You could try cutting a registration mark. I don't know exactly how the registration marks work but you might be able to cut a thin enough line the cutter would detect it.

Im really hoping theres a way as I bought this machine with the thought that I could do this but probably should have checked. My decals are 7 feet tall and 7 feet wide so a tight contour cut around the image would look much nicer than cutting it by hand. Thanks for replying though! :)

7 ft x 7 ft?   what size Graphtec did you buy?  The purpose of the A.R.M.S.  is for Print and contour cutting.. You print the design with the registration marks, then contour cut around the printed design.  You would have to figure out a way, to cut registration marks, while your cutting your design, like Darkshadow says,  but there is no guarantee that ARMS could even read them.  

I bought the Graphtec FC8600-130. My decals are printed in 2 pieces to make them 7 feet. And yeah I tried to cut out registration marks within the vinyl but they couldn't be read. Tried marking them with a marker and that didn't work either. I guess maybe it can't be done. Thanks for your help though!