Ironbar

US Cutter Out of Stock

MzSkeeter --- some people do place the rollers in front like that, for easier access to the vinyl. The material then is unrolled into the media basket and the loose end is fed through from behind. I had my previous SC setup like that, and I liked it.

(The roller-holding side brackets can be assembled either way to the stand, just flip them around)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

Not really, I was asking if the VEVOR 870mm would be in the same ballpark as the LP3, and clarifying with an illustration directed to Skeetz to show what machine I'm talking about, since she was pointing out a completely different model in her replies (and she linked to some competitor's offerings, as well)

I have edited my posts to remove a specific link regarding a competitor, in the interests of fair play to USCutter, but let's recall --  I'M CURRENTLY NOT FINDING what I want from this company, which is the subject of this thread.

Since you have some 'pull' with UScutter, maybe see if you can get an answer from someone there regarding the timeline of restocking?
I certainly would prefer my friend spends her money with USC, but that window of opportunity is gonna close fairly quickly, just sayin'

No one left there will answer any questions - the responsive people have left the company for various reasons.  people in the past would find answers (you may not like what they had to say but they answered questions) latest contect I was told to use basically said to direct everyone to submit a ticket for anything (even created a system when you emailed to a certain area it auto created a ticket) - heck with the lost order thing I just had I had a miserable time getting a real person - even the "chat" is all automated with canned answers - 

Someone Higher up I usually don't contact directly, replied last week that they are going thru some growing pains and hope to be more responsive . . . but for now customer support even closes for lunch :/ 

It appears to me from the outside that less people = less overhead maybe?  and someone is overconfident automated responses are the way to go . . . but that is just an outside observation since communication has been sparse since 2-3 good contacts left the company

Yes, My FC can be changed front or back. but the vinyl can actually be fed front to back.  The grit rollers do go that direction. It has front roll/rear roll for that purpose. 

Mz. Skeeter, I am pretty sure that cheapo China machine doesn't have an option for feeding from the front!!! And someone probably just installed the rollers in that forward position because they didn't follow the assembly instructions correctly. (Maybe the instructions were in Chinese!!)

Dakota, I need to know where the next shipment is !!!!  I want tracking of the cargo container ship  *#%W*^@
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:118.4/centery:22.9/zoom:6

You know I'm gonna lose a friend over this. And she was depending on me, but IT'S NOT MY FAULT !!!

8 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Mz. Skeeter, I am pretty sure that cheapo China machine doesn't have an option for feeding from the front!!! And someone probably just installed the rollers in that forward position because they didn't follow the assembly instructions correctly. (Maybe the instructions were in Chinese!!)

Dakota, I need to know where the next shipment is !!!!  I want tracking of the cargo container ship  *#%W*^@
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:118.4/centery:22.9/zoom:6

You know I'm gonna lose a friend over this. And she was depending on me, but IT'S NOT MY FAULT !!!

no way they are giving out that information - I never promise something I have no control over.   Have you tried calling a sales person and asking them ;)

19 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Mz. Skeeter, what do you think of this 870mm VEVOR?

I honestly am suspicious, to say the least. The photos show two different configurations, one with the pre-spaced pressure roller positions, and other images illustrate a long grit roller like the MH/SC. But, I guess it's not that critical which the machine actually has.

I'm gonna recommend to order that baby, and I'll let you know the outcome in a few days. It's worth the gamble at this point, since her pending job orders are valued at substantially more than the purchase price for this competitor cutter of $368 and free ship.

let us know how that works out for you - if she has an order that big waiting in the wings order a titan and have a big portion paid off on the first order.  In another post you asked if the vevor was comparable with the lp3 - being no one on here has used a vevor nor most of us heard of it I think that will be hard for someone to determine but how often does a plotter that cost 1/2 as much be comparable to the higher end machine.   maybe the answer is at the vevor forum and support web site :mellow:

dakota, I was trying to be funny about the tracking.

Also, why on earth would you suggest a Titan? There is not an 870mm Titan model on offer, at any price.

And you snidely remarked "why don't you call a salesperson (at USCutter) and ask them?" (regarding restock availability) -- well, I have, as I said so earlier in the thread .

The product desired is out of stock. I simply made a note of it in my first posting. That is the topic here, as the O-P said :"Seems like US Cutter is always out of stock of a lot of items forcing me to order from other places."  I'm done here.  See ya around.

Dang, what's with all the hostility? Personally, I would never have committed to any job if - A) I didn't already have the equipment and materials to do it, B ) I know my equipment and materials are guaranteed to arrive with sufficient time to get the job done (which has to include the learning curve if this is my first time at a cutter), or C) know of someone I can outsource this to, in the event that neither A or B is possible. Does your friend absolutely have to have a 34"? Does this job need something bigger than a 28"? Can't do a 28", then go 53".

Why would you feel like you'd lose a friend over this situation is none of this is your fault? If you lose your friendship over this, then they weren't much of a friend to begin with.

USC being out of stock with a lot of items is not new news around here. All anyone was trying to do, was to offer up some alternative choices - which is not ideal, but that's why they're alternative, because the ideal is out of stock.

• Like 3

I wonder if the availability issue has anything to do with our current "TARRIFF" situation with Chinese products?? HHMMMMM????

2 minutes ago, bigmax said:

I wonder if the availability issue has anything to do with our current "TARRIFF" situation with Chinese products?? HHMMMMM????

I wondered that myself. And it is going to get worse. 

Probably so but, I'll bet that is a big part of that . I had ordered some  LED gas price signs for a local service station. The price was great until I got hit with IMPORT DUTIES and TAXES. Cut the profit as quoted for the job by 62%. Lesson learned.If a deal looks too good to be true...…..

• Sad 1

@slice&dice,   what was the final purchase for your friend?  Is the Vevor cranking away, did they buy that last LP 3 ,buy something else,  or did they just give up? 

• Like 1