What do you mean which one? The top is the width, the bottom is the height, that's what those arrows to the left indicate.

• Like 1

I'll add the little lock icon locks the aspect ratio so changing width or height with proportionally change the other.  Unlock it if you want to go silly putty.

You can take your cursor up to the 6.234 in.   erase the 234 in.  Then lock   for 6 inches. 

below  39.813 in.  erase the 813in.  then lock for 39 in.   But that is going to be running downward on your screen.

I think the box is to type a value.  If I understand what your asking.  The other box(es) might be just for text and not the whole selection.  The width height boxes effect everything selected, no matter if its text or other objects.

Do you mean the box with the T next to it and a value of 4.925?  The VM support guy just posted a thing about this the other day. That is the height of the capital H. Presumable all capital letters will be the same height but some fonts do do some fancy things that would go above or below the H. You can't have every single letter be the same height, unless the font is designed that way. Some fonts are, but several are not.

I am curious now though, what is the box with the A next to it for?

A = Typographic size which includes the ascender and descender.

T = The height of a capital letter H and most often T (depending on the font). 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.