Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Peanut

Grand Prix inserts

Does anyone have, or know where I can get, any of the inserts for a Grand Prix, like the ones on the bumpers or any of the badge overlays?

Thanks

Todd

You want to purchase them?

Eric

If its the templates you are selling so I can cut my own, sure, ill pay for em.  But I am looking for the templates so I can cut the graphics and put them on mine and my lil sis's car.  I thought I had it, so I took the overlays off of my car and when I went to put the new ones back on, they didnt match up just right. 

Thanks showaride, that one should work.  Did you find that GTP SUPERCHARGED one on BOTW?  I checked there but I didnt see anything that I could work with.  I tried to manipulate them to work, but I couldnt get them just right. 

i tried several times to get it right, but I never could get a good fit, I will keep hammering away at it and will eventually figure something out.  Or i could just break down and buy them, but what fun is there in that??

thanks

Todd

No Fun in buying them.

Keep working at it you'll get it right.

If your really lucky the ones on the brandoftheworld will work and all you have to do is scale it right but if the art doesnt match 100% to the decal your going to have to do some customizing for sure.

Eric

No Fun in buying them.

Keep working at it you'll get it right.

If your really lucky the ones on the brandoftheworld will work and all you have to do is scale it right but if the art doesnt match 100% to the decal your going to have to do some customizing for sure.

Eric

:)

Guest Terry

I know I have this stuff but I still don't understand what it is.  :thumbsup:

Terry I was like hu? myself at first.

He wants to throw some vinyl inside the inlay of the Grand Prix Badges of the car.

So instead of the typical chrome or polished aluminum trim with black lettering inlay it's the same but with yellow or any other color other than black.  It sets the car emblems/badges off really nice if the correct colors are used or you match it to the trim color in the inlays.

The catch 22 is making it a perfect fit with-in-side the chrome outline.  Take the "SS" emblem/badge... what are they mostly chrome trim with black or red inlay right??

Well instead of painting them you do it inlay in vinyl.

Unless I am completly loss myself which is completly possible.  :thumbsup:

Eric

Also where the letters "Grand Prix" are recessed into the rear bumper. The bumper is all painted to match the car but you can inlay vinyl to  match the trim color.

my brother bought these years ago, I belive all it is a metalic vinyl to shine cool from the light and glow kinda at night.

I as remember that they dont match up perfect. GTP covered good but the Pontiac inlay was a little to big.

I would say measure and cut, test to see if to big or small and adjust, test fit again and save the size that works best.

Also try this for the pontiac font  http://www.autofonts.com/

He wants to throw some vinyl inside the inlay of the Grand Prix Badges of the car.

So instead of the typical chrome or polished aluminum trim with black lettering inlay it's the same but with yellow or any other color other than black.  It sets the car emblems/badges off really nice if the correct colors are used or you match it to the trim color in the inlays.

The catch 22 is making it a perfect fit with-in-side the chrome outline.  Take the "SS" emblem/badge... what are they mostly chrome trim with black or red inlay right??

Unless I am completly loss myself which is completly possible.  :)

Eric

I guess I could have explained that a little better huh.  You are pretty much on it Eric.  the rear bumper and front license plate cover have he word "PONTIAC" inset into them.  I am looking for the graphic so I can cut the decals to put in them.  I have tried to take what is on BOTW and other sites and make them work, but I just cant get the fitment right. 

thanks for the link showaride

Thanks

Todd

Unless I am completly loss myself which is completly possible.  :)

Eric

I guess I could have explained that a little better huh.  You are pretty much on it Eric.  the rear bumper and front license plate cover have he word "PONTIAC" inset into them.  I am looking for the graphic so I can cut the decals to put in them.  I have tried to take what is on BOTW and other sites and make them work, but I just cant get the fitment right. 

thanks for the link showaride

Thanks

Todd

I would try the font from my other link. Might be a gapping issue. Wish I could help more but haven't done it yet.

Might have to now to see if I can find a easy way to do it.

that turned out nice F-Body.  I will try to give that a shot when I have time.  Thanks Eric for the quick tutorial, sounds easy enough.  Now if can just apply it.

Todd