i recently purchased a  graphtec plotter, to my knowledge i was basically purchasing a newer version of flexi software. But im trying to trace a photo with multiple  colors,  when i try to trace it it all comes out black how does one redo it so it will come out the three colors needed? its like flexi a little but not understanding how to trace it like on flexi. i have read some of the instructions but to me its not clear because i can not find the right tools on the software

So what version of Flexi software did you purchase?  Any Flexi software has HELP at the top of the layout screen.  Go there and look for your topic/tutorials..  Follow instructions. 

5 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

So what version of Flexi software did you purchase?  Any Flexi software has HELP at the top of the layout screen.  Go there and look for your topic/tutorials..  Follow instructions. 

its the one that came with the cutter graphtec pro . im looking at the help menu but on my software it doesn't list color vectorize

Then use inkscape.org  It's FREE   The Graphtec Pro Studio was a gift/bonus from Graphtec for only a few Graphtec models. 

22 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Then use inkscape.org  It's FREE   The Graphtec Pro Studio was a gift/bonus from Graphtec for only a few Graphtec models. 

i really would like to get mine working seeing as i know how to use flexi and its basically the same as graphtec and i just need to find out how to get it so i can color vectorize

5 minutes ago, livinloudgraphics said:

i really would like to get mine working seeing as i know how to use flexi and its basically the same as graphtec and i just need to find out how to get it so i can color vectorize

Nothing more that I can do.  Maybe some one else can help. 

15 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Nothing more that I can do.  Maybe some one else can help. 

sorry ive tried inkscape i just cant get the hang of it

For legal reason, I am not posting the actual link, but if you go to YouTube and put these words into the search, you should be able to find your answer.

"graphtec pro studio vectorize"

On 10/2/2018 at 10:52 PM, haumana said:

For legal reason, I am not posting the actual link, but if you go to YouTube and put these words into the search, you should be able to find your answer.

"graphtec pro studio vectorize"

legal reasons?? hmm ok but i had flexi 8.1 pro and its basically the same but i just want to be able to do my distort and all of that back like flexi had. for some reason i had issues with it crashing and no help from sai now they are say cause they make it but i have to talk with a graphtec rep. like this is getting so annoying going back and forth i just want to get my stuff back like it was without the hassle of having to buy everything else. when it comes with the download would i need to buy any other software?

You stated..."to my knowledge i was basically purchasing a newer version of flexi software." 

You did not purchase any Flexi software. You were allowed to download Graphtec Pro Studio, after you sent Graphtec your serial number for your model of Graphtec vinyl cutter. As a complimentary software to use. You cannot even get this complementary software with the now,  newer  Graphtec CE6000 PLUS series vinyl cutters. From request form  (CE6000 (not plus version) It was only allowed for the CE6000 and other larger series vinyl cutters.  Now you have to purchase the Graphtec Pro Studio Plus,( if you want it.) 

You don't have the right to complain, when Graphtec gives you FREE software to use.  They are not offering you more than what is in the program and they don't owe you anything more than what is in the program.   The software is Not Flexisignpro and no one said you were getting Flexisignpro. This is a Graphtec version software    Just like UScutter does not offer the full version of Vinyl Master.And Scalp is the UScutter version.  Graphtec had been planning this software for quite a while( years) to be sold. But never could get it out for years.  It was behind in development. This was for sale for around $1000.and the Graphtec site sat like that for years, saying,  " coming soon."    So they offered this version to a few models as a complimentary software after you gave them your serial number for your model.   Just like Cutting Master 2, 3, 4, and Graphtec Studio are complimentary to use.   NOW if you want the full version, it is an upgrade,  which is  Graphtec Pro Studio Plus. It does have vector by color.   Go buy it. It's $500.  Or go find another software.    FlexisignPro 8.1 has been upgraded at least 6 times since it came out, and is no longer supported. 

15 hours ago, livinloudgraphics said:

legal reasons?? hmm ok but i had flexi 8.1 pro and its basically the same but i just want to be able to do my distort and all of that back like flexi had. for some reason i had issues with it crashing and no help from sai now they are say cause they make it but i have to talk with a graphtec rep. like this is getting so annoying going back and forth i just want to get my stuff back like it was without the hassle of having to buy everything else. when it comes with the download would i need to buy any other software?

Yes - I didn't create the videos, so it's not mine to distribute. It's like finding someone else's clipart on the web, and reposting the image here. Just because someone put it up online, doesn't mean a third party can redistribute it without consent.

I don't believe there are any legal issues with posting a link to a YouTube video. If the creator of the video didn't want it shared they'd make it private. Downloading and reuploading the video is where you'd get into legal issues.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

I don't believe there are any legal issues with posting a link to a YouTube video. If the creator of the video didn't want it shared they'd make it private. Downloading and reuploading the video is where you'd get into legal issues.

I got called out for it on here,  for posting a Stahls video that I grabbed from youtube..  I didn't even think about it.  

• Sad 1

I would say in a round about way being that USC sells Graphtec and thereby the program in question is part of that type purchase I think you'd be fine to post a link to something like that. I at least wouldn't do anything about it but I'm pretty mellow. Stahls on the other hand would get the ax.>:D

• Like 1

A topic I actually know a little about.  Owned a web hosting company and built online databases for 15 years, still do a little of it.  If it is posted on the internet and not password protected (in other words, you don't have to have a username and password to access it) then you can legally link to it from anywhere else on the internet.  The key here is the word "link".

- You CANNOT post a copy of an image or video from one site to another.  Quoting text is a whole other matter.

- The link must take you to the originating site.  So a link to a Stahls video that takes you to their website or another host where Stahls has posted it (youtube, etc.) is perfectly legal. These types of links are usually encouraged as they drive traffic to their site and boast their search engine rankings.

- If the link is to a static page then the link has to be descriptive text or the URL of the page it's taking you to. With written permission the link can be a screenshot or graphic.

- If the link is to a video then it can be descriptive text, URL or a screen shot from the video.

- The owner of the content (website, image, video, etc.) has the right to request you remove the link.  If for some reason they request you remove it, you must comply immediately.   This usually happens if the content of your site goes against the image the content owner is trying to project.  So if you have a site dedicated to wild game hunting, the American Vegan Association might ask you to remove the link to their content.

- If the owner of the site you are on asks you to remove a link to another site you must comply.  For instance, USCutter has the right to ask you to remove (or remove it themselves) a link to one of their competitors on this forum.

In physical world terms, if someone owns a custom car and keeps it in the garage, you have no right to go peeking in the windows or telling others to.  If they park it in the driveway, you can drive by and gawk all you want.  You can tell your friends where it's parked so they can drive by.  But you can't drive it to your house.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ShaneGreen said:

- If the owner of the site you are on asks you to remove a link to another site you must comply.  For instance, USCutter has the right to ask you to remove (or remove it themselves) a link to one of their competitors on this forum.

I was not involved but for proprietary reasons competitor products are not linked too on the USC forum. Not a legality things so much as a forum thing in this case. They pay to keep the forum open so we try to limit the out of system advertising. It's well known that the forum is friendly to all sorts of cutting and vinyl related questions as seen in things like "Competitor cutter help" section, etc... but there IS a line in the sand and as mods we try to keep it defined. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 11:01 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

You stated..."to my knowledge i was basically purchasing a newer version of flexi software." 

You did not purchase any Flexi software. You were allowed to download Graphtec Pro Studio, after you sent Graphtec your serial number for your model of Graphtec vinyl cutter. As a complimentary software to use. 

You don't have the right to complain, when Graphtec gives you FREE software to use.  They are not offering you more than what is in the program and they don't owe you anything more than what is in the program.   The software is Not Flexisignpro and no one said you were getting Flexisignpro. This is a Graphtec version software    Just like UScutter does not offer the full version of Vinyl Master.And Scalp is the UScutter version.  Graphtec had been planning this software for quite a while( years) to be sold. But never could get it out for years.  It was behind in development. This was for sale for around $1000.and the Graphtec site sat like that for years, saying,  " coming soon."    So they offered this version to a few models as a complimentary software after you gave them your serial number for your model.   Just like Cutting Master 2, 3, 4, and Graphtec Studio are complimentary to use.   NOW if you want the full version, it is an upgrade,  which is  Graphtec Pro Studio Plus. It does have vector by color.   Go buy it. It's $500.  Or go find another software.    FlexisignPro 8.1 has been upgraded at least 6 times since it came out, and is no longer supported. 

sweet im glad you clarify this, because i told my wife that we needed the full version not just one that came with the cutter. she said oh i read up on it and we can use it and it has what we need.  i would like to be right for once but guess what . As many of you all know thats a different ballpark 

26 minutes ago, livinloudgraphics said:

sweet im glad you clarify this, because i told my wife that we needed the full version not just one that came with the cutter. she said oh i read up on it and we can use it and it has what we need.  i would like to be right for once but guess what . As many of you all know thats a different ballpark 

I added this to the post I wrote.    You cannot even get this complementary software with the now,  newer  Graphtec CE6000 PLUS series vinyl cutters. From request form  (CE6000 (not plus version) It was only allowed for the CE6000 and other larger series vinyl cutters.  Now you have to purchase the Graphtec Pro Studio Plus,( if you want it.)