MrJoel

FC8000 offset issue fixed, carriage unit was loose!

I’ve seen a few threads on here over the past few days as I have been trying to figure out the new to me, $500 Graphtec FC8000.  The offset triangles looked horrible!  After fiddling with the offset in Graphtec Studio and then switching to the control panel adjustments with no success I reached down to readjust the blade and noticed a bit of front to back wobble in the carriage unit...and a bit of up and down wobble!

so the screw removal process started for the top cover and the control panel.  The previous owner said it was great for large jobs but not small ones and this was why.  The top roller assembly was loose on the left side because the factory screw had been put in cross threaded and wasn’t seated.  It broke as I took it out so the 20 minute job took about 2 hours as I tried to find where my taps were, then where my little screws were (we are in the process of moving so it’s a mess).

anyway, the vide explains what I did and it works amazing now!  I’ll get some post repair offset test pics later tonight!  

Here is the quick video on what I’m talking about

It has been posted hundreds of times on here, but throwing this out there again. for any new Graphtec owners.  Graphtec blade offset is ZERO.

Well, ran the test again at 0 offset and...perfect!!!

what are you running under tool settings?  I have 1 for step pass, offset force of 7, and offset angle of 30???

I am still running, my FC7000Mk2-75 for production,  but have the FC8000-75 set up  in another room.  Pretty close on settings.   I use Flexi software and the Graphtec Cutting Controller.