Meucow

GETTING Titan 2 cutter tomorrow - Any tips/Tricks

I have ordered a Titan 2 (28") cutter which is arriving tomorrow. I use a Mac so getting the Sure Cuts a lot version (not sure which version; maybe 3 Pro). I already have/use SCAL 4 (Mac) with my

silhouette cameo so not sure how all that will work. I use (will use) the cutter to create 'stencils' using a contact paper and then I make signs on wood. Some files are big with lots of small letters/words  (pain in the butt) and others are small files with only a word or two. I welcome ANY/ALL tips and tricks on getting this baby up and running quickly.  I have a small business out of my home but I am always SLAMMED and looking forward to a, hopeful, smooth transition and getting acclimated quickly. 

(Thank you to all that helped me with answering questions on machines and such). 

Thank you,

Cindi

Get Clean Cut Blades. They're wicked sharp and last a good long time, unless you abuse them.

• Like 2

Why contact paper rather than actual sign vinyl? 631 removable wall vinyl would be easy to apply to the wood and then remove and would not wear out your blade as quick.

• Like 1

Haumana - thank you!

darcshadow - I'll need to look into it. I really try to buy what I can, locally, using cash and not spending on our credit card. Funds are crazy tight and when I get paid for jobs, I use cash to buy supplies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meucow said:

Haumana - thank you!

darcshadow - I'll need to look into it. I really try to buy what I can, locally, using cash and not spending on our credit card. Funds are crazy tight and when I get paid for jobs, I use cash to buy supplies. 

Do what you gotta do to make it work. Try to set some money aside from every job, so that you can eventually buy some vinyl.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meucow said:

I really try to buy what I can, locally, using cash and not spending on our credit card. Funds are crazy tight and when I get paid for jobs, I use cash to buy supplies. 

Lots of people use this logic but I never really understood it. If you have $10 cash in hand. Just put it in the bank, or a mason jar, and and don't touch it then spend $10 on your credit card. At the end of the month take the $10 out and pay the credit card. You're still spending the same amount of money. The only difference is you just keep track of what you spend vs what you make and don't spend more than you make. And if you get a good credit card you get cash back so using the credit card will actually save you money.

• Like 1

That is exactly what I do.  I pay everything with a cash back credit card. As soon as that amount hits my credit card, I pay it.  I don't wait for a statement. I pay it. You can see all of your activity online. Many times you can get much better deals searching around, and saving more money that way. The internet provides you with better deals.  My balance remains Zero. 

• Like 1

thank you both - unfortunately my personal situation isn't really allowing me to use a credit card for those type of supplies. I hear you - loud and clear and wish I could. Thank you all :)