MrJoel

More scalp 5 issues

So I picked up a second cutter today, a Graphtec 8000.  I haven’t messed with it other than test cuts while examining it but every design I cut out was 1/2 the design size.  I can’t find any variations in the settings for my titan 3.  So then I exported it and opened in Inkscape.  Size was off again! But by 30%??? What the heck?

I have not seen where Scalp will work with the FC.  Only the CE.  FC cutters are not listed as compatible.  Where do you find it?   I thought SCALP had a place to calibrate.  

Also, isn't that cutter just a well built machine!!!  Did yours come with the media basket also?  

18 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I have not seen where Scalp will work with the FC.  Only the CE.  FC cutters are not listed as compatible.  Where do you find it?   I thought SCALP had a place to calibrate.  

Also, isn't that cutter just a well built machine!!!  Did yours come with the media basket also?  

The FC series is listed as compatible in the drop down menus for cutters in scalp, and yes I could adjust the scaling but it doesn’t seem right.  

Moving a design from scalp to Graphtec Studio (Pro isn’t available on Mac) is a pain.  I have to take it from an svg in Inkscape and then change it to an eps then open it.  I may go nuts if I have to do that for all my files while trying to remember to scale them correctly...

as for the cutter, it’s butter!  So smooth and quiet and fast.  I have a blade and holder on order from amazon (hope it’s right).  Part of the reason for the cost was the guy had no idea how to use it and didn’t have the time to learn.  He got it from a sign shop that got auctioned. The blade is toast, ran it across the vinyl I brought and the vinyl laughed as it refused to be cut.  The pen holder worked fine though.

it didn’t have the fabric part of the basket but have the skeleton.  

Ok, seems that the step size doesn’t match on the cutter and SCALP.. cutter runs at a standard of 1016 and in cut settings on scalp you can click the settings menus beside the model and see step size at the bottom of the pop up... mine was set to 508!!! Boom baby!  (Ok, I’m just going off what I read somewhere else and will try it tomorrow!)

• Like 1

That's crazy. I've never had a single issue except it locking up on our laptop. I think that's due to a virus though. I've never had an issue with 4 or 5 on my surface. I even export items as svg  and open in illustrator to print for sublimation and it's always perfect. Hope you can line it out.