SicSkinz

Connect to Mac? USB? Not found!

Vinyl cutters are not Plug and Play, and never have been.  They all require you to download the driver, extract it and run it. Then match up the port. They also require fine tuning the blade depth, force and speed.   Maybe a Cricut is.   I was just giving you an option of another software that IS for a Mac. I also run a business and am plenty busy.  We are only users here, who volunteer our help.   The rest is for you to look up or ask Signcut. I don't use Signcut.   I have no reason to look up the prices, etc. I have a Graphtec and use Flexi software on an old Windows XP laptop. .

Your tech support for your software is CRAFTEDGE.com 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SicSkinz said:

Sorry, I do not have time to study Forums and look up keywords, I'm trying to run a business and have a tendency of taking developer's and reseller's words as golden and expect actual PLUG & PLAY. Anyway, I went to the SignCut site... there are no prices anywhere and the WordPress site is highly aggravating, but whatever... Do you know how much the software is?

being only 30 minutes from uscutter maybe stop by there and talk to them  . . . . just an idea.   This is a userforum as Skeeter said - users with years of real world experience with different cutters - many of us learned  from doing and with many plotters  - most started with a value cutter like you purchased and spent many hours learning what we needed to - to use our equipment.   sounds a lot from your last post you had the idea a Plotter was like a printer - once you get a solution to use your plotter you will also learn the difference in using vector graphics compared to Raster graphics like your printer uses.
Did I miss the part in any of the advertising that said this was plug and play ?

Our users on this forum do the best they can to help each other 24/7 without any pay - for support from the paid staff you need to call support.  Keep in mind the paid support generally has very little real world experience from what we have seen in the past.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SicSkinz said:

Sorry, I do not have time to study Forums and look up keywords, I'm trying to run a business and have a tendency of taking developer's and reseller's words as golden and expect actual PLUG & PLAY. Anyway, I went to the SignCut site... there are no prices anywhere and the WordPress site is highly aggravating, but whatever... Do you know how much the software is?

PLUG & PLAY? Really? If you needed true plug and play you would have needed to buy the premium package, the one that comes with 3 employees. One a graphic artist, one a cutting plotter technician and the third an installer. OR you could do a little research and become all three like the rest of us schlubs. Seriously, This is a USERS forum made up completely of good people trying to help out others who need a hand up. Most of us have our businesses or day jobs or both. We know how valuable time is. 

I run signcut and it's good. They let you try it for free for at least a week and once you have it loaded there are internal links to the license pricing and all that. I think you can buy a license for as little as a day at a time unless they have changed it. I used to pay a yearly license and I think it was $120 or $140 or such and the lifetime dongle was $400 so I just bought the dongle. The best part about the dongle is you can jump from computer to computer without any hassle. If you buy a subscription license you CAN change computers but only 5 times without then contacting them to get permission every time thereafter. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

PLUG & PLAY? Really? If you needed true plug and play you would have needed to buy the premium package, the one that comes with 3 employees. One a graphic artist, one a cutting plotter technician and the third an installer. OR you could do a little research and become all three like the rest of us schlubs. Seriously, This is a USERS forum made up completely of good people trying to help out others who need a hand up. Most of us have our businesses or day jobs or both. We know how valuable time is.  

I agree.

Never seen a plug and play business where everything is done for you.

• Like 4

On 3/8/2019 at 9:09 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

being only 30 minutes from uscutter maybe stop by there and talk to them  . . . . just an idea.   This is a userforum as Skeeter said - users with years of real world experience with different cutters - many of us learned  from doing and with many plotters  - most started with a value cutter like you purchased and spent many hours learning what we needed to - to use our equipment.   sounds a lot from your last post you had the idea a Plotter was like a printer - once you get a solution to use your plotter you will also learn the difference in using vector graphics compared to Raster graphics like your printer uses.
Did I miss the part in any of the advertising that said this was plug and play ?

Our users on this forum do the best they can to help each other 24/7 without any pay - for support from the paid staff you need to call support.  Keep in mind the paid support generally has very little real world experience from what we have seen in the past.  

Good point, Bud. Sorry, I am highly frustrated as this cutter has been a headache since day one of the purchase. I have plotter experience like I said, just no budget as I run a tiny place out of my house and wanted to plotter cut product. I also have a degree in Design and have been doing this sort of work for over 25 years for Fortune 500 Companies and major retailers. No way any of you can know that. I apologize for coming off like a dick, but yes, a plug-in (which I bought, but doesn't work), software that is labelled "Sure Cuts A lot PRO" that SHOULD be PRO, not entry level... but isn't? Advertised Mac Compatibility with no support for Mac or compatibility for that matter has gotten me wound up and frustrated.

As a side note, the Graphtec DOES run perfect on a Mac with just the frigging plugin and cuts right out of Illustrator lickety split (Macs are NOT like PCs where you need a driver for everything or a tech support monkey every time you have a hiccup. The drivers are already built into the OS.) Never a problem. I am new to US Cutter, not new to the world of Plotter Cutting, Folks. I appreciate everyone's help, I really do.

Did you ever put that cutter on a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter, which we always advised for a value cutter?   Tripp-lite is the brand name and the only brand guaranteed to work with  a vinyl cutter.   People are so happy after they put their value cutter on the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter.  They can't believe the difference. 

Craftedge.com is your tech support for the software.   Have you contacted them?   

I am still gasping at the $3500 you said you spent , and you bought a value cutter with it. The cutter was the main component to your business, or am I wrong?  

Find the best price

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USA-19HS/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=18D84WUJ0GQN5&keywords=tripp+lite+keyspan+high-speed+usb+to+serial+adapter%2C+pc+%26+mac&qid=1552404433

26 minutes ago, SicSkinz said:

Good point, Bud. Sorry, I am highly frustrated as this cutter has been a headache since day one of the purchase. I have plotter experience like I said, just no budget as I run a tiny place out of my house and wanted to plotter cut product. I also have a degree in Design and have been doing this sort of work for over 25 years for Fortune 500 Companies and major retailers. No way any of you can know that. I apologize for coming off like a dick, but yes, a plug-in (which I bought, but doesn't work), software that is labelled "Sure Cuts A lot PRO" that SHOULD be PRO, not entry level... but isn't? Advertised Mac Compatibility with no support for Mac or compatibility for that matter has gotten me wound up and frustrated.

As a side note, the Graphtec DOES run perfect on a Mac with just the frigging plugin and cuts right out of Illustrator lickety split (Macs are NOT like PCs where you need a driver for everything or a tech support monkey every time you have a hiccup. The drivers are already built into the OS.) Never a problem. I am new to US Cutter, not new to the world of Plotter Cutting, Folks. I appreciate everyone's help, I really do.

a graphtec is a different world than a SC value cutter - and the chipset that the USB runs thru is no comparison - on SCALP -it was designed as a cricket third party software until they had to leave that market - so again labeling it pro is a far stretch

1 hour ago, SicSkinz said:

(Macs are NOT like PCs where you need a driver for everything or a tech support monkey every time you have a hiccup. The drivers are already built into the OS.)

Just because a driver is built in doesn't mean you don't need one. Windows has tons of drivers built in. :)

• Haha 1